Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
09 1SG STS4 & Subie CrossTrek (retired 03 DeVille & 05 V6 SRX4)
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title say my car dies on idle i have to keep my foot on the pedal inorder to keep it running aka driving with 2 legs now!
I get p0106 (Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) System Performance )
after a quick search here i found that most of the members who had this problem changed their MAP sensor and some cleaned their IAC and fixed the problem,
So I did that and nothing changed!
I have a friend who works for a Benz mechanic told me to come by so his manager can take a look, after a i went there he said I dont know where the problem might be so he put some plastic band over the accelerator cable to keep the RPM high just as a temp. solution and told me to drive it for a couple days and see what codes i'll get.
to be frank i don't like this kind of temp. solutions but hey at least it's free!

any Ideas ? Do you know any good/cheap Cadillac/GM mechanics in Chicagoland ? preferably western suburbs

Thanks

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
I would believe the MAP sensor inputs are commanding the IAC.

If the Map is defective, replacing it may clear up the idle problem.

It never hurts to clean up the TB/IAC port.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks johnny kannapo, I already replaced the MAP sensor, I got it from Chevy dealer nearby for $62, and I already cleaned the IAC with no luck :(

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,148 Posts
Did you clean the TB or just the IAC valve? Cleaning the TB usually solves the problem.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a quick cleaning, not sure how to do it any other way!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@70cougar : Thanks a lot, It seems the car decided to run normally by itself!
I went to Autozone and bought a new cleaner anyway, I also asked them for free computer check and got " P0506 - Idle Speed Low " the SE light went off by itself on the way home! and cleaned the IAC and the TB again, this time more thoroughly.

my total spending so far : $62 for the MAP sensor + $2.99 for the cleaner and few cuts on my arm (big guy + crowded engine bay)

You guys are the best, thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts