Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
CTS, DI, FE3
281 Posts
BamaCaddy08, too bad that your words didn't say what you meant in the first instance.
No, they did in fact, they just did NOT require any comment from you. You made this into far more... that is your problem. Your little Q and A set up proved my point... You are the one taking apart a 2 line comment, That should throw up a red flag right there.
Q: "Since when did Acura have the power to snub anybody?"
A: Well, since the introduction of the V6 RL and TL models back in the 1990s
Just what the hell are you talking about? Who cares about those vehicles, the comment is simple in most peoples mind, it was a shot at Acura's NEAR luxury status. No dissection necessary! You opinion, NOT REQUIRED or ASKED FOR.
Q: "Aren't they still playing with 4 cylinders?"
A: Yes, 2.4L & 2.3L turbo, so what? The Acura "brand as a whole" includes the best-selling TL available in a lighter chassis with an equally powerful 3.7L V6 engine vs. a comparably-equipped CTS 3.6L DI.
Yes, your answer is YES, simple as that who cares that you know jack shit about Acura as a whole. By the way the Acura engine has one more HP, we might wanna clear that up incase somebody like yourself comes along and tries to demonstrate their own brilliance for no reason other than they feel the need to aggrandize themselves and demonstrate their extreme personal intellect over the internet, kind of sad if you ask me.
That is all this is friend, you have something to prove? Taking apart comments this simple? Really friend? What are you trying to show off that you know more than anybody else here? Maybe you aren't appreciated for your brilliance at work or something else but hell take your little mans disease and pointless arguments and spend them on something else. Keep your "whatever" and keep your pointless, arrogant, argumentative bullshit to yourself or at very least save it when it comes to me, Mr. Internet Genius.

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Very ignorant statement. Especially the part about FWD. Theres a certain GM fwd vehicle with less HP that will absolutely SMOKE the CTS 3.6L DI on any track.
Whatever you say, chap! How do you like your Cobalt?

Beating the CTS on "any track" isn't exactly a herculean task. It could be done by a variety of vehicles.

Show me some serious, world-class supercars that are exclusively FWD. Some odd Fiats running 300bhp? A Corrado? Maybe an odd Lotus?

Look at the real contenders, and you'll see a list of RWD and some AWD.

Cadillac CTS-V - RWD
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG - RWD
BMW M3/M5 - RWD
Audi RS4/RS6 - RWD or AWD
Lexus IS-F - RWD
Audi R8 - AWD
And the list goes on...

Those

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Now, now boys, take it out to the school yard and settle this whole thing like the kids you are acting like. There can never be a winner in a peeing contest even though you both seem to have a good stream going.
How about taking this ridiculous rant and PM each other if you feel the need to continue.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Whatever you say, chap! How do you like your Cobalt?

Beating the CTS on "any track" isn't exactly a herculean task. It could be done by a variety of vehicles.

Show me some serious, world-class supercars that are exclusively FWD. Some odd Fiats running 300bhp? A Corrado? Maybe an odd Lotus?

Look at the real contenders, and you'll see a list of RWD and some AWD.

Cadillac CTS-V - RWD
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG - RWD
BMW M3/M5 - RWD
Audi RS4/RS6 - RWD or AWD
Lexus IS-F - RWD
Audi R8 - AWD
And the list goes on...

Those
Who said I own a cobalt? Anyhow, the Cobalt isnt even the fastest production fwd car, I was just using it as an example of fwd performance from GM. FWD is generally worse, yes, but to say that theres no production fwd performance cars, like you said, is ignorant! Simple.

By the way, the Cobalt with only 260 hp was witin 2 seconds of the 1st gen CTS-V around the 'Ring. It was only 4 seconds off the pace of the Lexus IS-F. Both of those are 400 hp+ RWD sport sedans and they just barely manage to beat a 260 hp fwd entry/compact.
Heres a list of cars the Cobalt tied or beat around the track.
-BMW E46 M3
-BMW E36 M Coupe
-Lotus Exige S (supercharged 240 hp, rwd, lsd, lighter then the cobalt)
-Jaguar XKR
-Porsche Cayman S (non-track pack)

·
Registered
Lexus GS 450h...others..
90 Posts
Acura is currently running a TV ad where they claim they are the only luxury brand with 5 star crash tests ratings on every car they make. They flash trough all the German and Japanese brand marques but no Cadillac!

Do they not consider Cadillac a luxury brand or, more likely, does including Cadillac actually make their statement a lie?
Don't worry no one really considers Acura a luxury brand anymore.

Reminds of the Kia Borrego ads in magazines. They flashed a pic of the grill of the Borrego and then asked "which luxury brand is it" and various badges were there, I believe Caddy, Lexus, BMW, Benz

No Acura:histeric::histeric:

928S... Try reading for comprehension. My original comment was saying that Acura has 4 cylinder engines unlike Cadillac, what is there to argue with me over? Not only are you arrogant with your incessant need to try to demonstrate your so called brilliance but hell your damn near illiterate.
Caddy has the 4 cylinder BLS for Europe, which has sold so poorly it was just canceled.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts