·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
ohh, good points! I didn't know that. But are there other things car manufacturers could be doing to cut down via True Cost Accounting . . . as some of you mentioned . . . certainly imported/exported steel, buying parts from countries that have little to no pollution standards isn't helping either . . .

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts
Reading diverse viewpoints is the great thing about an international message board; it's when those viewpoints might shut down contributions from certain people that it becomes an issue. What the heck is an eco-idiot anyways . . . people who are stupid for wanting to make sure we have a healthy place for kids and grand kids to live? . . . and I do like the 3rd generation Prius, but not my thing, and certainly not in powder blue :highfive:
Everyone wants a healthier environment for future generations. "Eco-idiots" are simply those individuals that believe we can get there simply by no longer using fossil fuels of any kind and refuse to consider anything other than the alternatives. We continue to make great strides in the processing of fossil fuels so that in the future their respective impact on the overall environment will be negligible. There is of course also a place for other energy sources such as nuclear, wind, and solar and these technologies need to be explored and advanced as well.
I am only saying that closing one's mind and drinking the 'Kool-Aid' will not add to the advancement of our energy needs and hence our future automotive wants and needs.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
WOW! It's amazing how this thread ("Snubbed by Acura") has taken such a serious detour. :bonkers:

·
Registered
CTS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I agree! What the heck? A Prius is not an Acura and not even made by the same company! Jeez! Back to the original topic. My point seems to have been completely missed. In the Acura ad in question, Cadillac is not even mentioned like we don't count. I just found that a bit arrogant....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Import companies have become used to excluding Cadillac from their comparisons since Cadillac hasn't built competitive cars in a while. After the CTS racked up Car of the Year, Best selling in class, best resale value in class, tops in AutoPacific and Consumer Guide though, I think you'll see that change pretty soon. :)

·
Registered
2009 Black Ice/Ebony CTS-4 DI FE2
340 Posts
I wouldn't consider the TL to be a direct competitor for the CTS. It's wrong wheel drive for starters.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I wouldn't consider the TL to be a direct competitor for the CTS. It's wrong wheel drive for starters.
Yeah, you should be more insulted if they do mention the car as a competitor to their leather trimmed Honda.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Since when did Acura have the power to snub anybody? Aren't they still playing with 4 cylinders?
LOL..assuming that's a joke.

The popular, long-running Acura TL has never been offered with a 4-cylinder engine...nor the upscale Acura RL...current generation base engines are 3.5L V6 and 3.7L V6, respectively.

On the other hand, it's a good bet that OBAMA-Gettelfinger MOTORS, INC., will soon be producing "green" 4-banger Cadillacs!

·
Registered
CTS, DI, FE3
281 Posts
Notice I said nothing of the model but the brand as a whole, with that in mind the TSX is offered with a 4 cylinder, hence I was talking about Acura as a whole. Notice Cadillac does not offer any model in a 4 cylinder. Thanks for the comment about nothing...

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
I'd really like to see a smaller V6 with twin turbos or supercharger . . . maybe if GM goes toward bankruptcy then Obama=GM will see more innovations that way . . . never liked the TSX 4 when I drove it . . . too underpowered at take off, but liked the stick.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony
798 Posts
I'd really like to see a smaller V6 with twin turbos or supercharger . . . maybe if GM goes toward bankruptcy then Obama=GM will see more innovations that way . . . never liked the TSX 4 when I drove it . . . too underpowered at take off, but liked the stick.
This is exactly what GM used with Saab (2.8L version of our engine & turbocharged). I prefer naturally aspirated with DI myself.

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/press/051220.html

Let's hope the government doesn't spend too much time telling car manufacturers what they need to do in order to be successful. The only reason our government isn't going bankrupt is because they can print their own money...

·
Registered
CTS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The new SRX is going to have a 2.8 liter turbo and 3.0 liter DI with the former putting out similar power to our 3.6 DI. I wouldn't be surprised to see this motor in a future CTS.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I test drove the Acuras also and I must say they are quick, agile, and excellent performers BUT like most others here I can't past the looks of the car. They are just too beastly and 'transformer' like for my tastes.

On the safety note, I can't stand these so called crash test commercials that appeal to those that don't know how to drive to begin with.
It continuosly amazes me that the same group of people, primarily the left-wing eco-idiots, are the same groups that hype all this safety and yet they keep pushing hard for smaller lighter death traps like the SmartCar, etc.
I would love to see what remains of one of those little beasties after being t-boned by any 'normal' sized auto. :thepan:
Some states have passed a law requiring that cars like the SmartCar provide a spoon with the owner's manual. EMTs can use that to pick up the driver and passenger.

·
Registered
CTS, DI, FE3
281 Posts
928S... Try reading for comprehension. My original comment was saying that Acura has 4 cylinder engines unlike Cadillac, what is there to argue with me over? Not only are you arrogant with your incessant need to try to demonstrate your so called brilliance but hell your damn near illiterate.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
BamaCaddy08, too bad that your words didn't say what you meant in the first instance. And now you throw in personal attacks? No thanks, that's strictly your problem as far as I'm concerned.

Acura is much more than the 4-cyl TSX model, and I replied accordingly...twice...to what you actually wrote...but, alright, one more time:

Q: "Since when did Acura have the power to snub anybody?"
A: Well, since the introduction of the V6 RL and TL models back in the 1990s.

Q: "Aren't they still playing with 4 cylinders?"
A: Yes, 2.4L & 2.3L turbo, so what? The Acura "brand as a whole" includes the best-selling TL available in a lighter chassis with an equally powerful 3.7L V6 engine vs. a comparably-equipped CTS 3.6L DI.

So now you say that you originally meant to say that Acura offers 4-cyl models and Cadillac does not. Okay...whatever.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts