Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a 2016 XTS which the seller claims is AWD.

However, the XTS logo on the rear does not have the tiny 4 next to it.

Did they do away with the badging or is the seller confused?

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
677 Posts
My 2016 has the "4". If the seller is pulling this stunt, what else are they telling you that isn't true? If it was me, I'd walk away.

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
If you post the vin here a member will tell you the way bthe car came.there's a long thread with running vin number searches.I think the name is max as the member.I would think though if you drove it hard you could tell if its fwd,there's lots of torque cominhg from front wheels alone on fwd drives,which I hate.

·
Registered
2014 luxury XTS;2016 luxury CTS
124 Posts
Here's another way to tell. The FWD version includes the Lane Keep Assist feature. The AWD does not. But both versions include the Lane Departure Warning feature. Steering on the FWD version will feel lighter as it uses electric steering whereas the AWD version employs hydraulic steering (which is why LKA is not there)

·
Registered
2019 XTS4, 2018 XT5
40 Posts
if you can get close enough to look under it forget that, drive it. An AWD drives differently than a FWD and its very easily determined with a short drive.

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
677 Posts
Nice car, but for the dealership to do their "dealer badging" by ruining the Cadillac logo like this is IMHO a Chevy thing to do, not a Caddy thing.

BTW As there is no XTS-V sub-forum, please post your impressions of the V, I'm sure many of us would like to get some info 😃 .

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,600 Posts
Maybe the previous owner removed the 4. I took the AWD off of mine.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Nice car, but for the dealership to do their "dealer badging" by ruining the Cadillac logo like this is IMHO a Chevy thing to do, not a Caddy thing.

BTW As there is no XTS-V sub-forum, please post your impressions of the V, I'm sure many of us would like to get some info 😃 .
My Dealer is Cadillac, Buick, GMC, and they put their badge on it...I took it off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm removing the stingray lettering soon. Honestly, thought about debadging completely. Ive never drove a regular XTS. the vsport or V sport as its called now is super nice. Sport mode and trac off is on YouTube. I had 2 options when I bought this one...16 Luxury awd 58k miles no records rental car OR 16 vsport 98k with meticulous records all done by a Cadillac dealer...different dealers had the 2 cars for sale but same price. I got a 24k power train warranty so fingers crossed it'll be a excellent car. Its quick. At 4250lbs shes impressive. I want to have it tuned and then I'll be content lol

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I wanted a balanced and cleaner look to the rear so I took the awd and dealers sign off which were on the lower left. That left the Cadillac badge in the middle, the 3.6 to the upper right, and the XTS to the upper left.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thinking about buying a 2016 XTS which the seller claims is AWD.

However, the XTS logo on the rear does not have the tiny 4 next to it.

Did they do away with the badging or is the seller confused?

My 2016 XTS with AWD has 4 beside the back badge as pictured. Look under car for the Haldex system. Even if there’s one under there there’s no guarantee it’s working. I am not sure but sometimes I think these can not be working and not show any alarm on the dash. Can anyone else comment about this....am I wrong?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts