Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i recently had the nave unit replaced due to peeling buttons. (i have an 04 v)

now, my tc function doesn't do the same thing.

before to turn "off" tc, i'd press the button once. the nav would flash traction control off and the tc light would come on in the dash. press the button again and nav would enter "competitive driving mode". tc light would remain on on the dash. a third press of the button would turn everything back "on".

well now,
1 press of the button: just the tc light comes on on the dash. no indication on the nav system.
2 presses of the button: nothing.

if i press and hold the button: the nav flashes "stability system disabled"
if i press it again, "stability system ready"

no mention of competitive driving mode.

is this a change between '04 and whatever year they replaced the nav unit with? (presumably 06/07)
i'm a little perterbed that my competitive driving mode won't engage and am wondering what the difference between "stability system disabled" and "competitive driving mode" are.

sorry for the dumb question and tia for any responses.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a dumb question....it's common when dealers replace the nav they don't re-program it to know it's in a cts-v...bring it back to the dealer, they just have to reprogram the nav and all will be back to normal.

excellent. so the problem is that it was essentially programed for a cts and not a cts-v?

sounds about par for the course for my dealer :rolleyes:

thanks for the help! :)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Nikon's right on the money.

You'll get a weird look when you explain it to them, but the radio thinks it's in a regular CTS, therefore no Comp. Driving mode.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
easy fix, make sure they know HOW to use the Tech II to tell the Nav its a V, not a CTS :)
at this point, i have just about zero confidence that they'll know how to fix it. you guys really have no idea how incompetent and rude my caddy dealer is.

oh well. car has to go in anyways. my a/c clutch is starting to click. hooray warranty.

and urby, assuming that they don't know how to use the Tech II to fix it, what do i tell them? cus i 'shore don't know how to do it...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If they can't figure it out, the instructions are posted step-by-step on the GM Service Information Web Site (SI). It's a protected site for GM Techs that gives detailed instructions on repairs, bulletins, etc...

I'm sure they can look it up, but if they can't figure it out, just tell them to look up CTS-V radio replacement on SI.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont recall a specific "how-to" being posted. you could say "program it for the V" and they can call Gm if they need help.
remember, Cavender is about 90 mins away :)
yeah, it's just that going down to sa during the week before they close is tough. i'd have to get out of work at about 3.30. that's a little tough as of late. besides, i hate dumping another dealership's problems on to them. ****ing idiots need to do the job right the first time. :mad:

so if i go there on a weekend, ya wanna catch a beer with me, urby? :gurl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts