Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Degreased my engine and water rinsed a month ago. My front blower motor hasn't worked since. Did I kill it, or just wound it?

Thanks!

Ron

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,505 Posts
Hi. Degreased my engine and water rinsed a month ago. My front blower motor hasn't worked since. Did I kill it, or just wound it? Thanks! Ron
That's a no-no. ^^^ Just too many electrical connectors, and the starter motor is up in the valley under the intake manifold. Water pools in the valley.......

Blower motor - electrical connector ?? ......and is your motor in a case at the firewall or actually inside the HVAC stack IN the car - cabin ??

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,442 Posts
I've sprayed those things many times and never had a problem. Try blowing out the connector and spraying some WD40 in it.

·
Registered
08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k
302 Posts
The blower motor has a circuit board internal to the housing that connects to the motor at least on my 97. That circuitry is coated with some kind of sealant so it does not corrode or is exposed to water. If the coating is flaking off you may have damaged some components but that is unlikely. If water got into the connector you could have shorted out your programmer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts