Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when my grandpa died, he left his belongings to the family. He was pretty well-off, having been the senior vice president of some giant railroad company. One of the things he left was this old, weird looking car. It was in a garage on the back of his property that I didn't even know existed.

The last registration in the glove box was from 1975. The car was hard to get into. The doors open up high like that car in the Back to The Future movie, but it's not a Delorean. Some kind of weird Mercedes I'd never seen before.

So I get the keys and try to start it and it won't even start. What a piece of junk. What kind of car sits there not even being bothered and then it won't start? I even found an old gas can in the same garage and filled the tank, but it wouldn't even try to do anything. I called a tow-truck driver, and he told me what I was afraid of - the car is some kind of rare car that it's gonna be hard to get parts for. Who would want a rare car? Rare diseases kill people - rare steaks are all drippy and stuff. Rare car? No thanks!!!

The tow-truck driver offered me $500 for the car, which was really unfair - I shouldn't have ripped him off like that. He didn't even charge me for showing up to the garage. Nice guy, and I took advantage of him. :tisk:

So I took my $500 to a local car dealer, Bob's Fine Rides. His car lot has only been open for about two weeks, which is great. Remeber in high school when your mom used to say "Son, you don't want to date a girl with a reputation." Remember that? Well, if I don't want to date a girl with a reputation, why would I want to buy a car from a guy with one?

So I picked out a nice, shiny Cadillac on his lot. I think it's a 1995, but I'm not sure. Not like it really matters - they're all pretty much the same. I asked Bob about it, and he told me that it's a great car and everything about it is perfect. What a great guy! So I got in it, and it was very clean and pretty. It runs good, and the radio plays loud enough to drown out the motor noises. Also, a really cool feature is that it has a special escape feature where it makes a bunch of white smoke out of the tailpipe, just like the car in the video game Spy Hunter! Sometimes it's a little annoying though, and I can't find the switch to turn it off.

Well, it ran great all the way home. But I got it home and in my parking spot, and it won't restart! Maybe you can help me. It's a Cadillac and the engine is in the front, and it's the kind with the white smoke escape feature. The dash says "check engine," but I did and it's still there. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LuxII, 2008 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4, 2002 Seville SLS (RIP)
81 Posts
Either an attempt at a creative writing style or BoReD - or BOTH!

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Actually I liked your story, although I think it belongs in the "Hard to believe...." thread.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,245 Posts
God, I HOPE it's hard to believe!!! :)

Just wanted to write something funny, I hope it delivered a snicker or two!
============================
I hope it delivered a snicker or two!
I'll give it 1 snicker -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts