Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Deville Concours and 2000 STS both with NP studs
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B]Hey I was travelin down the highway at about 80 for a good long while. As we were traveling at this speed we noticed a somewhat noticable vibrating noise coming from the engine compartment. It did this about three (3)x. As we took a break we went back on the highway and the DIC said vehicle limited to 90 MPH. It flashed back on about 3x.

I also forgot to mention it said stability engaged and stability reduced. Could any one please describe to me what these three (3) things mean??? Does it really mean it will not let me go over 90 MPH??? THanks RYAN[/B

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
What year and model is the car?

Generally speaking if any component of the stability system, ABS, TC or any other component that relates to the stability system has a problem, the car displays that message.

It happens because while this said component is in a failed state the car can no longer provide stability control.

It sounds like you have an STS or DTS with RSS (Reactive Suspension System) Could be a wheel speed sensor, a bad shock, some type of brake problem. Pull the codes and post them back to us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts