Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first winter with the DeVille. On the way home from downtown Dallas tonight my DIC flashed the message "Ice Possible". Haven't seen that one before. What triggers this? Is it the temp sensor behind the grille? Or the sensor in the middle of the dash? Or...?? where I live the weather conditions we're having are not common place. For us a "hard freeze" is 30F.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Yeah it's just triggered at very low temperatures. The ambient temp sensor is the one behind the grille.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,261 Posts
this is my first winter with the DeVille. On the way home from downtown Dallas tonight my DIC flashed the message "Ice Possible". Haven't seen that one before. What triggers this? Is it the temp sensor behind the grille? Or the sensor in the middle of the dash? Or...?? where I live the weather conditions we're having are not common place. For us a "hard freeze" is 30F.
=============================
this - copied from page 3-63 of the Owners Manual -

ICE POSSIBLE - 13: This message appears when the
outside air temperature is cold enough to create icy
road conditions.

the ambient temp sensor is behind the grill -

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, guys. this car never ceases to amaze me. I would go back out and get the owner's manual, but it's about 50 feet and i'd freeze my balls.

·
19,261 Posts
thanks, guys. this car never ceases to amaze me. I would go back out and get the owner's manual, but it's about 50 feet and i'd freeze my balls.
===========================
I would go back out and get the owner's manual,
but it's about 50 feet and i'd freeze my balls.
what a WIMP - here ya go PRINCESS -

a free download so you don't have to go out in the cold -
http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/cadillac/2003-cadillac-deville-owners-manual/
:histeric::histeric::histeric:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
It appears when the outside temp goes below 36F. Just a reminder to notify the driver of the possible icy conditions.

I have seen the message quite a few times around Dallas.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
The message is triggered at varying temps depending on the year. I seem to recall my '92 was about 34 degrees, which made more sense than the 36 current degrees.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Between this ^^^ and the "Ms. Princess" we could have an interesting twist in this thread.:florian:
I'm perfectly secure in my manhood and Mrs. Byrdman has no complaints. Just sometimes after she's been driving the car a few days I get in and have a little estrogen overload. So I go out and do the WOT exercise and the testosterone comes back. If that doesn't work, I go tow something with the F150. BTW, coming home tonight the ICE POSSIBLE message flashed again. Outside temp registered 30F.

·
19,261 Posts
Between this ^^^ and the "Ms. Princess" we could have an interesting twist in this thread.:florian:
=============================:nothing2add:

----------

I'm perfectly secure in my manhood and Mrs. Byrdman has no complaints. Just sometimes after she's been driving the car a few days I get in and have a little estrogen overload. So I go out and do the WOT exercise and the testosterone comes back. If that doesn't work, I go tow something with the F150. BTW, coming home tonight the ICE POSSIBLE message flashed again. Outside temp registered 30F.
=============================
BTW, coming home tonight the ICE POSSIBLE message flashed again.
Outside temp registered 30F
mine has been on constantly since November -
outside temp last night -10F :eek:hnoes:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Just sometimes after she's been driving the car a few days I get in and have a little estrogen overload. So I go out and do the WOT exercise and the testosterone comes back.
:histeric: :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts