Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Experts,

I have a 2000 base deville and I would like to know if my DIC or digital cluster could show other info like actual numbers for temp and gas etc. and not a graph. I have searched but could not find anything for a 2000 Base Deville, thanks in advance!!!!!!

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I believe this has been discussed in detail and the 2000 and up models either can not be programmed to do this or its hit or miss, I think JimHare or JimD have done it.

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
I did the hack to show the Coolant Temp on my DIC - but in my Eldo, not the 'ville - and the hack is for late 90s to mid 2000's Eldo and Seville - I'm not sure if it would work on a Deville or not.

I don't remember the exact post, but do a search for "SEVILLE DIC COOLANT TEMP" and you'll probably find it. IIRC, the original post was from around October or November of 2005.

The gist if it is, after entering diagnostic mode, you enter the programming mode for the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster). There is a number that you set that is a multiplier for the original settings, to turn on Coolant Temp and, I believe, RPMS (those are about the only two things missing from the DIC).

If you find the post, try entering the diagnostic mode in your 'Ville, and see if the instructions for the Seville/Eldo will match what you see in your car. I'd imagine that as long as the EXACT SAME displays are shown, that you'll be ok.

It's a fairly long process, but you want to be sure to do it step by step. Luckily, if you foul up, you can just turn off the ignition and start over...

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts