Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if any of you guys remember there was a forum member here who use to do this LED swap for us and he now no longer does them. well we have found a guy who is willing to do this for us again. this guy has been doing it to vette's for quit a few years now and seems to do good quality work that he warranties. if any of you guys are interested, post in the link below which is over in the CTS section of the forums. i have volunteered to be the first test dummy and will be shipping my stuff to him ASAP. if all goes well, he will become a vendor on this site...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...eneration-forum-2003/205836-dic-mod-info.html

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunately that is the way it goes...lol

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the company is very capable of doing this mod and they are currently ordering more LEDs to complete both my DIC and HVAC screens

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very nice find but im not sure its going to be a lot of use to members with nav.
there you are wrong my friend. the Nav unit is believed to use those same LEDs and the same company is working on that has well

and the main thing for the V guys, is for them to have there HVAC screen to whatever color they choose

·
Registered
NONE
892 Posts
I see that, but why change the ac mod, when it matches everything else? IMO to much work for something so petty. If i cared about interior gauge cluster lights etc, i would have bought a Scion TC:nono:

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
The HVAC screen and gauge cluster screens changed out would be cool.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
unsafe...if you are interested, i can keep you informed on the progress...

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay...he should be sending me pics this week of my HVAC screen done in regular white and in warm white. i choose white so it will match the rest of the inside lights, but they can do pretty much any color LED you so desire...

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry guys i havent gotten back to anybody on this, but i will have everything back installed by this weekend and will take pics...the company i used or played demo for has made great strides on this...pics this weekend coming

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry guys it took awhile to get the pics posted, i ran into some problems with my radio mod and then had surgery on my knee so i couldnt get out to the car and get any decent photos...but here is my HVAC screen with the "cool white"

the picture really does it no justice, it looks way better in person

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,721 Posts
How about this one (bright white LED's in the raw):

You guys can do this one yourself and save some $$$. I might have a procedure if anyone is interested and I will look for it if there is any interest.

·
Registered
1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black
573 Posts
Deffinatly interested. How much does it run and how long does it take? (Im a mechanic for a living so it should be too bad for me)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts