Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1989 fleetwood brougham 145k
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89 brougham and i was wondering if anybody has performed this modification. i have seen this on 2 headlight setups, s10 pickups, chevelles,etc.. but never a 4 headlight setup like our caddys. please any info would be highly appriecated.

·
Registered
1970 Sedan deVille hardtop
595 Posts
JC Whitney sells halogen headlight conversions for 4-light systems. Look up SV495316 or SV495279 (2nd PN has a 'color ring' on it if you're into that)
They use H4 or 9003 bulbs.
I have heard that some of the conversions don't have the best reflectors, so have been nervous about one of these swaps. If anybody has firsthand experience I'd be interested as well. You certainly can get some high wattage bulbs to go in there though :)

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
I had those on my 85 a few years ago with the hid's from a Mercedes CLK. and I had the daimond cut with the halos on the inside ones. It looked good at night and the HID's were awesome they lit every thing up..

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
I had a bunch but lost my old harddrive and all the info on it...:suspect:

·
Registered
1970 Sedan deVille hardtop
595 Posts
Here's a thread from another board:
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2485&highlight=headlight+conversion

Something else I found is that the reflectors for dual lamp setups are only designed to replace the outer bulbs. There is a different set of bumps on the back of the inner and outer sealed beams that fit into notches in the bucket to keep you from putting the bulbs in the wrong place. So, if you wanted to replace both inner and outer bulbs, you'd need to get another set of outer buckets and put them on the inner lights, or use a dremel and cut a few notches.

FASSTWOOD - how was the beam pattern with those diamond-cut reflectors? Did they give even illumination as well as being bright?

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
Yeah it was a nice beam, wide enough. I did have to modify al 4 buckets to fit the backs of the housings in. You don't have to change the buckets because of the bumps they still fit. The thing is when you install these headlights your gonna use the 9003 bulb and for some reason you get feedback from the lowbeam circuit into the highbeam circuit. The inner highbeams light up real dim when in low beam it actually didn't look bad... to eliminate this problem you gotta isolate the two beams with a relay...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts