Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Allante 1989
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a on board diagnostic today and got 2 current codes. they're E027 (open throttle switch circut) and L208 (OSM No. 8 Comunication Failure). can anyone explain these to me. Any help would be greatly appricieated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Fill out your profile so we know what year Allante' you have.

·
Registered
Allante 1989
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the brakes still dont work very good, but i think the problem might be the abs pump. it was disconected. but after i re connected it, it still didnt turn on.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
I did a on board diagnostic today and got 2 current codes. they're E027 (open throttle switch circut) and L208 (OSM No. 8 Comunication Failure). can anyone explain these to me. Any help would be greatly appricieated. Thanks.
The E027 is probably a bad ISC nose switch.
L208, I'm not sure but check all of your lights (exterior)

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
I think your priorities are out of order. Let me know when you are out driving with poor brakes so I can stay off the street! The OSM #8 is one of the modules that provide redundant light operation when a bulb quits working. With a factory service manual, you will know what it is, where its located and how to determine cause of code displayed. A ISC nose switch is the idle speed electric motor attached to the throttle body that controls idle speed based on engine load. When the switch within it fails or is misadjusted or the wire harness to it is faulty it will set this code so the tech. can investigate the cause.

·
Registered
1989 Red Allante,
313 Posts
Found on Ebay that one Allante owner paid $82 for this 'lil 16 page booklet. If anybody is interested just send me a address and $4.00 check. (456 greenmont Dr. canfield , Ohio 44406. I ordered 25 just for foolishness. Will throw the money and books in a drawer and hope that no member ever pays a ridiculous price for one of these! One's I ordered cover '87 to '92 even though it says 'til '93 on the cover! Print is small guys! Bill

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
the brakes still dont work very good, but i think the problem might be the abs pump. it was disconected. but after i re connected it, it still didnt turn on.

**** CAUTION ***** STOP ***** READ *****

holly S*** .. an '89 with a non-working pump on the Bosch III ABS ?
MUST BE PARKED, NOW! IF you are driving it, pull over NOW!

If the pump is not running, you are headed for a CRASH.
Without the pump, the accumulator will run out of its charge, soon.
It is the accumulator that stops the car. Nothing else. There is no back up or redundant system.

you dont give details, nothing .. zippo ...
what does "not work very good " means?

you got the best stopping ABS in the planet, but when it dont work as it should, you dont move the car off the driveway.

dial into allantesource.com and read and read ...

this is not an over reaction .. the BOSCH III is a real issue if you dont understand it or ignore a malfunction.
One of the main reasons this car is not for everyone.

I guess people are getting shy of telling someone to PARK a Bosch III Allante these days.
Two of the members above know this very well.

Well, one eluded to it - so he is off the hook.
Maybe the 2nd one got pulled into the code thing and missed the pump thing? ok, off the hook - this time.

dude .. PULL IT OVER ...
dial into allantesource.com and read and read ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check the ABS pump relay. You can get one from Gmpartsdirect.com for about $48 delivered. If it's not that, then you may need a new pump. Talked to Allantesource about that.

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
whats a ISC nose switch. and what's it gonna take to fix it?

Rickie,

with that ABS problem, you are riding the bike .. right?

forget the other codes for now .. ABS, ABS ...

./

·
Registered
1989 Red Allante,
313 Posts
So, my new ABS system is working like a charm until I go out yesterday and start driving down the road to find that I have virtually no brakes( both feet to the floor for looong stopping distance. Immediately take it back home and do the Allantesource tests. No codes, no flashing lights. depressurize the system and start the car to see how long the pump runs. Only seconds and before the ABS install, it ran the 20-30 seconds that Dick recommends.

Sounds like the pump to me-any thoughts? Could it be the relay that drives the pump? Have ordered the relay from GMPARTSDIRECT on Sept 14th as part of what would be the $50 a month replace old parts program. Have not received it yet and sent email on 10-01 inquiring about delivery. (any phone #). Does the relay sound like the first change before pump replacement? Thanks as usual!

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
So, my new ABS system is working like a charm until I go out yesterday and start driving down the road to find that I have virtually no brakes( both feet to the floor for looong stopping distance. Immediately take it back home and do the Allantesource tests. No codes, no flashing lights. depressurize the system and start the car to see how long the pump runs. Only seconds and before the ABS install, it ran the 20-30 seconds that Dick recommends.

Sounds like the pump to me-any thoughts? Could it be the relay that drives the pump? Have ordered the relay from GMPARTSDIRECT on Sept 14th as part of what would be the $50 a month replace old parts program. Have not received it yet and sent email on 10-01 inquiring about delivery. (any phone #). Does the relay sound like the first change before pump replacement? Thanks as usual!

time to get a spare car for parts ?

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Found on Ebay that one Allante owner paid $82 for this 'lil 16 page booklet. If anybody is interested just send me a address and $4.00 check. (456 greenmont Dr. canfield , Ohio 44406. I ordered 25 just for foolishness. Will throw the money and books in a drawer and hope that no member ever pays a ridiculous price for one of these! One's I ordered cover '87 to '92 even though it says 'til '93 on the cover! Print is small guys! Bill
Is this still available? If so your check is on its way. Thanks, Stan Smith

1 - 14 of 14 Posts