Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94' Sedan Deville, 4.9 with the computer controlled trans. am having shifting problems and want to access the trouble codes. according to chiltons book jumper wire from B to A terminal should allow the computer to flash the "service engine soon" light. Information center displays "timing mode" How can I retrieve the codes without spending 500.00 on a reader. I LOVE this car, 236,000 and still runs fabulous.

·
Registered
12 Posts
push off and warmer (red ) buttons on your climate control panel, this will put you into the diaginistic mode, then use the blower speed button to change to each mode, either up or down to clear codes or axcess codes, or data.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yep, jumpering the ALDL doesn't work like it does on other cars.
Cadis have their own deal for self diagnostics.

As SLEN said, just hold down the off and warmer (red) buttons simultaneously for several seconds. The dash indicators will all light up momentarily, this is called a "segment check" to help you see if any indicators are burned out.
Then somewhere on the dash (I forget where on a '94) you should see the codes start to display. Have a pen and paper handy.
I write down the module abbreviation and the code so I can reference each while I diagnose.

HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts