Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 Escalade, 07 EXT(Stolen),09 EXT
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i run on E85 with the performance tune or do i have to go back to stock settings

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
If the performance tune requires premium fuel I would say yes. Premium fuel in my area is 93 octane. E85 (depending on the blend - 70-85% ethanol) is closer to 105-107 octane. You'll probably notice it runs a few degrees cooler and has a better throttle response. If your programmer advances the timing a good bit you may also notice it takes longer to crank the engine on that high octane fuel.

When in doubt, call the manufacturer customer service before leaping.

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
The Diablosport forum says YES, No problem ... I'm on the fence about ordering one cuz my right foot is not allowed to press the pedal to the floor at $3.00 a gallon ... E85 @ $2.45

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
E85 here is +/- $1.80. :cool2:

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Premium
124 Posts
I have been researching this very question. Is there a programmer that has a specific E85 tune? I love the fuel, it is cheaper and has a really high octane. It would be nice if there was a programmer that had a specific tune for this fuel. Is there?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have been researching this very question. Is there a programmer that has a specific E85 tune? I love the fuel, it is cheaper and has a really high octane. It would be nice if there was a programmer that had a specific tune for this fuel. Is there?
Of course you get 25% less MPG running e85, but way more octane. The problem is if you set your engine for just e85 it would not run that good on standard gas because it would be looking for more octane. You can have your engine tuned to run anything, the problem is when you get in a pinch and can not get the fuel your engine was tuned to, but anyone with a dyno and software like LS1 Edit can do this. :)

·
Registered
2014 S550, 2018 XT5 Platinum, 2019 XT4 Sport :)
1,758 Posts
Question, if you mix different octane fuel, say 87, 92 & e85, will the engine adjust to the total octane constantly? Exactly how does the engine management work. Have a 09 esv. Works with e85.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Question, if you mix different octane fuel, say 87, 92 & e85, will the engine adjust to the total octane constantly? Exactly how does the engine management work. Have a 09 esv. Works with e85.
Over time is will adjust to a point, but it may take 100-200 miles to fully adjust. We have no e85 around, a Sunoco station used to have it but was the same price as 93 :eek::crybaby:

12,821 Posts
Good morning Nice Ride,

I could check to see what our Technical Assistance Center may have to say on the matter. If you would please send us a private message with the last 8 of your VIN and this question (just to make sure we get it correct), we'll ask them for you!

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 10 of 10 Posts