Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Diablosport Predator for my 08 EXT and loaded the 93 Performance Tune and I was just wondering if any of changed the original parameters for improving it. If anybody would share this info I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I keep meaning to look at what setting I increased, it just seems the Preditor and truck are never in the same place

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
I have goofed around a lot with it, and for my otherwise stock truck, the standard 93 program seems best - the only parameter I change is taking off the speed limiter.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about messing with the injector slope by looking taking a log with the Predator. I mean I have tried to read a little into it but I still don't understand exactly what the results are going to be whether good or bad.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
There was enough of an improvent that I was satisfied. I messed a little with air/fuel, RPM, idle, etc, but not injector slope (because I am not knowledgeable enough). Again, went back to the standard program.

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Read this thread HERE for starters if you haven't already. Apparently there's no tranny/TCM programming in the tune(s), although it sounds like Diablosport is looking at it for the future. Without modifying or changing the torque management any changes to the motor that increase power/torque won't be as noticeable without changes to torque management and tranny settings as a program that would include it. Torque management helps protect the transmission, which is even more important with increased power levels, but it's overdone, which is not completely unexpected considering the Escalade is a luxury vehicle. The majority of Escalade owners would be less than pleased with neck snapping shifts...me, I wouldn't mind it on occasion (throttle dependent) as long as my trailer wasn't behind me...

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
Yes, I checkout out that thread... but I saw a lot of mixed thoughts .... so ...before I shelled out $350 .. I wanted to hear the real deal. I know back in the day, chip changes were never quite the return on investment as actual changes - exhaust, underdrive pulleys, etc.

I know diesels get a huge jump... but for another 10 - 20 hp, Im not sold on a Predator...

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Yes, I checkout out that thread... but I saw a lot of mixed thoughts .... so ...before I shelled out $350 .. I wanted to hear the real deal. I know back in the day, chip changes were never quite the return on investment as actual changes - exhaust, underdrive pulleys, etc.

I know diesels get a huge jump... but for another 10 - 20 hp, Im not sold on a Predator...
I had a totally built diesel and know the difference a good tuner can make. With that being said, and butt dynos being notoriously inaccurate, modifying tranny settings, reducing torque management, shift points, pressure, etc. produces a much more profound (noticeable) effect than adding another 20 or so (peak) HP by tweaking the air/fuel ratio, etc. Take into consideration that you're dealing with an almost 3-ton SUV and unless you're seriously modding (heads, headers, forced induction, etc.) I'd call it a no-brainer (but don't want to hurt anyone's feelings)...

·
Registered
Cadillac
144 Posts
So what's the real concensus? Is a Predator worth $350.00 or not for a stock vehicle???
i have it on my lade only thing i have aftermarket is a K&N cai, but i would recommend it to some one who wants a lil extra performance, i have 30's on my ext and it could barely pull the wheels after i installed the predator i run like stock now

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
There clearly is no concensus. Put me down for being in favor of it though. My truck has better throttle response and more desireable down shifting with it. And my admittedly unscientific butt dyno tells me a little more oomph too.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
All of my trucks (3 07's, and 08' and an 09') shifted much better after installing Preditor, much better, I would say almost night and day better.

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
Well .... I ended up with a decent offer on a Predator ... $332.00 shipped .... so, I guess I will find out for myself if its worth 3 bills...

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
Just a K&N filter... and I doubt I would mod anything else .... just the Predator.

Guess I just need to feel like its faster than the next guy's EXT....

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Keep us posted - all I have is the K&N filter and the Preditor. Very pleased.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
I haven't been watching the Forum much:
Bought a C6 Vette and have been busy with that for last 3 months :cloud9:
With all the posts, and most of them positive:
I'm surprised the Predator is still be discussed like it's undecided whether it makes an improvement or not.
I only have the K&N air filter for mods and run the 93 Predator Performance tune in my EXT.
It Makes A Difference in a Very Good way :cool2:
Any info about not being able to program the Trans is true but,.. the Trans shifts better and.. Less Often with the Tune installed.
The reason being is the Trans senses when the engine is starting to Lug/Struggle when more gas is given, so in turn, it down shifts to let the engine make more power with more RPM.
With the Tune installed, the Motor makes more power easier and the Trans does not sense the engine Lugging as much so, it does not down shift as much.
I took my Tune out of the EXT a while back to update it for the Vette.
I didn't put it back in and drove to the moutains, 200 mile drive.
I had forgotten how much the EXT down shifted without the Tune.
Also for that reason I noticed less MPG. :rolleyes:
With that in mind, as far as Modifying the Tune to make it even Better....
I learned a lot on the Vette Forum under the C6 Scan & Tune section.
It's invloved and time consuming so not going to post all the info.
But, doing so makes a BIG improvment over the stock Performance Tune which is still a Nice improvement.
Each vehicle has to be done to itself, can't just take reading from someone elses Tune and put them in.
It involves running the vehicle, making a Log, saving the log, printing it out, reading it to make adjustments to what you want it to do to make it better.
Then, .. do it all again to test the results and most likely make more changes :bouncy:

Anyway, to anyone getting the Predator Tuner and installing it:
Be aware, there is a "Slight" instant noticable difference but,...
it takes a few miles, about 100 or so for the Tune to really take hold.
The ECM has to learn the new Program and Peformance and enjoyment will progressively get Better. :cloud9:

Check out some of the info as I mentioned on the Vette Forum, Scan & Tune section.

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
Leery was my problem ... $350 for ????? So, mine was put in today .. . and it is peppier ... Haven't hit WOT yet ... but we shall see. Impressed? No. Disappointed? No. Still on the fence? Yes.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
23 Posts
I just got a predator and I installed it on Monday. I immediately floored it and it topped out at 115mph on speedo (my gps said 110). Prior to the predator, the ESC would stop at approx 107mph. Do I need to modify my settings to remove the top speed??? My 2004 avalanche 5.3L with hypertech would hit 130 mph, so I figure ESC should go faster. I want to install my k&N Cold air kit. Do I need to modify any settings for the k&n??? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
That is just too fast, 130 in an Avalanche or Lade. But, yes, to increase speed limiter, you go to adjust parameters/modify tune. There is an option to raise or eliminate speed limiter. Please be careful.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts