Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey DFW guys Eagles Canyon is having another track day Saturday August 8th. I know they are having a driver's edge event this month, but those are 2 days and about $300. August is back to their usual 1 day for $150. You still get an instructor for the day (part of the day if you're good :)) and i think we got about 5 or 6 20 minutes session that day. I think for your first time on track one day is plenty for both you and the car.

I keep watching the TMS drag&brag videos on youtube and man that looks fun, but i know the V is at it's best on a road course rather than on an 1/8th mile strip.

August 8th should give everyone plenty of time to get a helmet, flush fluids etc... I'm on the verge of needing new tires, so i think i'll just finish these off at the track and get new ones shortly after.

Last time i went it was very windy and about 35degrees out, so windows down was hard to comply with, however August in TX i'd image it's going to still be in the 100's and in the car with helmet and all it's going to be way hot. I just wanted to see who all would be interested. If we get a few people i'm in, otherwise i may wait for cooler temps in October

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/ecrtd.php

Application Form

Inspection Form

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
You gonna spray on the straight between turn 6 and 7?

Looks like fun, but still to worried something will break if I go to the track. I know, i'm a little b*tch.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol no spray for sure! 20 mins of redlining and the nitrous would be a bad combo. Plus doubt it'd last long, i burned a whole tank of gas in 4 sessions so nitrous may last one? Speaking of which i still need to get my bottle filled and try out the purge valve!

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Lol no spray for sure! 20 mins of redlining and the nitrous would be a bad combo. Plus doubt it'd last long, i burned a whole tank of gas in 4 sessions so nitrous may last one? Speaking of which i still need to get my bottle filled and try out the purge valve!
You have 2 bottles now? I think that DannBoss bought another...for symmetry sake.

Where did you put the purger? Does it spray out of the Cadillac emblem?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok how about Drag&Brag? Surely even with a soft launch we could take these guys

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have 2 bottles now? I think that DannBoss bought another...for symmetry sake.

Where did you put the purger? Does it spray out of the Cadillac emblem?
I just have it coming out in front of the windshield. Plumbing a fancy 2 line system to spray out the sides would be very hard to hide and waste a lot of nitrous just to reach the side emblems. I put the solenoid right next to the nitrous solenoid and ran the line below the windshield wiper shroud, so it's pretty hidden. First time i tried it i could hear it but there was no white cloud, just air and the pressure was quickly decreasing so im sure the bottle was empty. I'm still running one bottle, but want to get a second for symmetry and extra capacity, but then i need to get another bottle heater too... I've only had it a month now, i'll build it up slowly. Plan was to wait on the heater and purge valve too, but those are done already!

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Ok how about Drag&Brag? Surely even with a soft launch we could take these guys
They're only set up for an 1/8th mile, plus right now with daytime temps hitting 105+ it's a drag at the drag. :D

I'd rather go to a 1/4 track.

·
Registered
2006 BMW M5 | 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
315 Posts
I was planning on going, but I will be in Germany that weekend. Didn't know it would be the 8th. Crap. My bottle heater was the sun yesterday. Pressure was about 900psi so I took it out and laid it in the back yard. 1050psi in 30 minutes and then purged it to get to 1000.

Sprayed first gear last night...who needs a new flywheel that revs quick when the nitrous will redline first gear before you can move 60 feet!?

Anyway, I will catch the next track day. I agree the bottle at a track day would not be a good combo when you have a super hot engine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My car has been sitting in the driveway turned off for 13 hours and I guarantee you I could go outside and start it up and the engine temp would be above 100 degrees.

Stupid sun.

·
Registered
315 Posts
True...very true. Any chance the wife lets me park in the garage I take. More times than not though the lade gets preferential treatment and the lowly V has to weather the weather.

Good observation though! The V definitely looks better in there.

·
Registered
CTS-V
469 Posts
update...
regarding Eagles Canyon for Saturday, August 8th
I'll be making my final decision Thursday afternoon...

who is signned up already?

--Jerry

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry Jerry I'm out, had some issues with the jeep come up. If I break the v I'll be screwed until the jeep is fixed

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i did motorsport ranch once, it was an Apex Driving Academy 1day event, it was a lot of fun, but i liked Eagles Canyon a bit more, the straights seemed longer and the 1.3mile layout of MSR doesn't have as many elevation changes at EC 2.5mile layout. Plus Eagles Canyon was cheaper! :)

·
Registered
CTS-V
469 Posts
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
1st green lap of Sat's Eagles Canyon event, my drivers side rear brake line failed again. This is the second failure of the UUC brake line on dr rear.

Q: has anyone else lines failed?
Q: to Goodridge brake line owners, does the lines LOOK the same as UUC?
...UUC's drivers rear line is different than the other 3, seen here:
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/CTSV/SS_LINES/index.htm

You can see 1 of the lines does NOT have a metal 90 degree elbow.

Q: Are Goodridge lines use 90 degree elbows on all 4 lines?

...I read that Goodridge lines are guaranteed for life.....
.......dont know yet on UUC, I plan to call UUC on Monday....

BTW, I was running Motul fluid, lines were professional installed, 2nd line had very few miles on them...

--Jerry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts