Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys picked up the V this evening with the cam and headers. I must say at first i was a little scared. But once it warmed up and i had it on the highway I absolutely love it! I was hoping for min 400 at the wheels. Ended up with 390 and there are a few quick drops in the graph which Pat believes is from the MAF saying it has max air. He definitely suggests a CAI and said he'll retune after that. He thinks he can get 400 easy after the CAI. I know they are very pricey for the amount of HP they give and i've always been against them but this CAM is out of breath!

As far as the meet... Patrick at Quality Motorsports is the guy who installed my cam and headers. He came highly recommended from some of the technicians out at Motor Sport Ranch as well as from some local guys with GTO's and Vettes. This Saturday from 11am-3pm he is having his grand opening. He said there'll be a mini carshow, food, and a raffle for some stuff. Also he mentioned Dyno Tunes are on sale (excellent deal) until October to help get some new business. Anyways he said to bring as many LS guys as i wanted. Thought it would be a fun time to hang out for a while and then Twin Peaks isnt far away... Plus it's been a while since our last meet and i want to show off my headers/cam! Doubt we'll get 12 guys this time with such short notice but im sure several of you can make it. Whisler and I will be there and im sure we'll be at Twin Peaks afterwards as well.

Here's the sheet. The temp was 20 degrees warmer in the shop than it was on the day of my baseline dyno, not sure what difference that makes but just wanted to note it. I will post a video, hopefully as early as tomorrow morning. I dont want to wake the block so late on a Wednesday night!

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
The numbers are looking good :thumbsup: I think CAIs help more with modded engines vs stock parts, probably worth it in your case now. Where's the place at , for the meet ?

Normally I'd say I'd be there, but my mother has come up with some sudden health issues and I may have to go out of town on short notice.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
We'll be there around 11. Afterwards we will more than likely be at Twin Peaks for some beers.
Like Ken said, he's also having a 50% off sale on dyno tunes. I'll be first in line next week to get the V tuned.

Here's the address...
1671 Riverview Dr. Suite 101
Lewisville, TX 75056

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally I'd say I'd be there, but my mother has come up with some sudden health issues and I may have to go out of town on short notice.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you can make it, means she's ok and we'll have 1 more V there!

·
Registered
'05 cts-v
106 Posts
I definitely need to make that! Been needing a good tune after the B&B Xpipe and B&B headers install!

Since you hooked me up with a tune for half off I can give ya some completely classified advice:
Now with your maggie you may run into some warranty issues. I personally know the service manager over at CREST cadillac in plano/richardson area. he is a car buff and loves mods! I lost his card but as soon as I grab it Ill post his first and last name and direct number. He doesnt care at all about voiding WARRANTY issues just bc people have a passion for their vehicles. He will still honor all warranty work (as long as malfunction isnt blatantly due to mod). Great guy and does great work and provides great service. My service guy name is Terry, but cant remeber the managers name...ill get back to ya.

Hopefully see ya sat morn!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've driven by that dealership several times and never heard anything about it on this forum. Ill have to give them a try sometime, thanks for the tip! :thumbsup: I do have the maggie off at the moment and for sale at that. However i am certain IF i loose a race before she sells. she'll be back on. Not sure who's ever seen the movie "The Program" but this guy Latimer is doing roids, well he gets off of them eventually and then gets overpowered by some dude and gets right back on the roids.... Yea that's how i would feel. :mad:

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Here's the address...
1671 Riverview Dr. Suite 101
Lewisville, TX 75056
Dammit do I mow my grass or clean the V and come out to meet you guys?

Decisions......

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just called to confirm it's 227/231 .114 I dont know what other #'s were. I'll make a video when i get home from work and post it to a new thread, then off to Uptown Dallas to let Whisler hear a real car!!! lol

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dammit do I mow my grass or clean the V and come out to meet you guys?

Decisions......
Mow Friday night or early Saturday... It's cooler outside then anyways! Pat's doesnt start until 11am and goes until 3

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I just called to confirm it's 227/231 .114 I dont know what other #'s were. I'll make a video when i get home from work and post it to a new thread, then off to Uptown Dallas to let Whisler hear a real car!!! lol
Mr. Dealership...I swear it is stock! (as a raven funny car V rolls into the garage) I was just driving to my grandmas house and the rear blew out...honest :histeric:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did we pick a time? Im going really really early (7-8am) to have him do a quick adjustment to my tune. Then down the road to get some new exhaust tips, then back to Quality. I'd say 10:30-11:00am would be a good time to meet there

T

·
0 Posts
Well it looks like I'll be driving the wifes car! Shit I hate my V! No I mean I love it. This has been the worse/best car I have ever owned.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts