Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville delagance
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats with that other Cadillac forum ?? I mean my gawd talk about NS haters WOW Also they have something against Dexcool Claim thats whats making the gaskets mushy and contributing to hg failure Their recomending the green stuff. Anybody have any ideas on this one......

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
....Also they have something against Dexcool Claim thats whats making the gaskets mushy and contributing to hg failure Their recomending the green stuff. Anybody have any ideas on this one......
The great thing about auto forums is you can find support for anything you care to claim.

The bad thing about auto forums is no one has to provide scientific support for whatever they claim. Opinions and rumors are all that matter.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
Whats with that other Cadillac forum ?? I mean my gawd talk about NS haters WOW Also they have something against Dexcool Claim thats whats making the gaskets mushy and contributing to hg failure Their recomending the green stuff. Anybody have any ideas on this one......
-----------------

Dex is just fine -
I have been using it exclusively in my Cadillacs - without a problem -
just change it every 3 years -

the green stuff is OK too - it should be changed every 2 years -

oh - and about that OTHER forum -
just read some of the answers to the questions -
and you will quickly understand WHY it is *************** -

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Not exactly sure what "other" forum you're talking about, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, things must have changed.

I agree with Bass. Nothing wrong with Dex. Just change it every 2-3 years.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
I've read many posts or theories on both sides of the debate and have stayed with Dexcool in the 3 Northstars I've owned. Use what ever you want just change it as advised above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts