Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am flushing the radiator on my 1993 Sedan Deville. If I understand my owners manual correctly I should not be using the Green Antifreeze, but should be using DEX COOL b/c it protects Aluminum engines...can anybody tell me if that is correct? Also, I may have a blown head gasket and I ordered a product called Steel Seal, is the Steel Seal compatible with DEX COOL? Thank you for your help.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,038 Posts
Dex cool is 96 and up.
You can use either and in a 93 it won't matter which you choose.
Be sure to mix 50/50 with water.

Get some "Cadillac pills", basically they are GM seal tabs. Crush them and put them in the system before you fill it.
It is required on the 4.9 and if you don't use it you'll end up with some leaks.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,272 Posts
I am flushing the radiator on my 1993 Sedan Deville. If I understand my owners manual correctly I should not be using the Green Antifreeze, but should be using DEX COOL b/c it protects Aluminum engines...can anybody tell me if that is correct? Also, I may have a blown head gasket and I ordered a product called Steel Seal, is the Steel Seal compatible with DEX COOL? Thank you for your help.
Save your money. That snake oil will not help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.