Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My vehicle came with the BOSS sound system(Radio, IN-Dash CD, Cassette) and a 6-Disc CD Changer which is located in the glove box. I know I was told by the dealership that one can add an XM radio when the vehicle was knew. On the front of the radio, when I click on the "PTY" button on the bottom right of the radio, it says "No Satellite Radio", so the radio is away that it can have a satellite radio attached to it. It also has the "Source" and the "Band" buttons that people speak off.

Recently I ran across a Sirius kit that plugs into the factory wiring and allows your BOSS system to control the satellite tuner with the display information shown on the Boss radio screen. However this kit says that the radio must be pre-wired for Satellite Radio... Here is a link... Has anyone ever added either an XM or Sirius radio unit to their Boss system?

Sirius and XM radio link for Cadillac or GM products at Crutchfield.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lhGFhqzAPLI/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?search=GM+satellite&skipvs=T&g=247350

Click on the Sirius or XM...

Let me know if you have tried or where I can locate the satellite wire to see if the radio is pre-wired but it was just not added. After googling, I have been told that the wire should be located on the drivers side rear quarter panel? Does anyone know how this wire looks like?

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 DTS
61 Posts
I don't have an answer and have in the past tried (unsuccessfully) to find out info to add integrated XM or Sirius to my 2003 Deville DTS w Bose & navigation. It would make sense that it was preconfigured but that doesn't answer the question. I'll follow your thread.

I may have missed it but what year is your car?

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville DHS
42 Posts
I don't have an answer and have in the past tried (unsuccessfully) to find out info to add integrated XM or Sirius to my 2003 Deville DTS w Bose & navigation. It would make sense that it was preconfigured but that doesn't answer the question. I'll follow your thread.

:bouncy: I retro fitted an 05 DVD NAV head and changer into my 01 DHS and recently wired it for XM but ended up adding Sirius which works with the factory head and steering controls. I even added the factory XM/OnStar antenna on the roof. The head still shows XM1 XM2 but it shows station channels like Howard 100 etc.. anyone interested?

·
Registered
2001 DTS 220000 KM
27 Posts
:bouncy: I retro fitted an 05 DVD NAV head and changer into my 01 DHS and recently wired it for XM but ended up adding Sirius which works with the factory head and steering controls. I even added the factory XM/OnStar antenna on the roof. The head still shows XM1 XM2 but it shows station channels like Howard 100 etc.. anyone interested?
I would be interested. Shoot me an PM with the details.

Thanks

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Most '03 and up are ready for this add on. I have installed a few "XM Direct" kits that plug in to the factory connections and add sat radio to the stock band selections. They work nicely you just have to find a place to secure the modules and a location for the sat antenna.
I think you mean "Bose".
Your profile doesn't say what model year your car is. Be sure the kit you buy specifically calls out your year and model. Once it is set up activation is easy.

·
Registered
Deville DTS 2003
106 Posts

Did you ever discover how to hook up Sirius to your '03 Deville? Plug and play or rewiring?

·
Registered
Deville DTS 2003
106 Posts
Most '03 and up are ready for this add on. I have installed a few "XM Direct" kits that plug in to the factory connections and add sat radio to the stock band selections. They work nicely you just have to find a place to secure the modules and a location for the sat antenna.
I think you mean "Bose".
Your profile doesn't say what model year your car is. Be sure the kit you buy specifically calls out your year and model. Once it is set up activation is easy.
Have you successfully added Sirius to an '03 and up Deville that had Bose but not XM built in? DId you have to rewire stuff?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but just wanted to let anyone know that I had recently required an 04 Dhs that did not have XM it has the touchscreen radio. I bought a used xm tuner from eBay for I think $16, I had it sent out to a company called Iss located in Kent washington. They reflashed the tuner to accept a different Vin, so the radio wouldn’t lock. The coast was $45 plus $5 for packaging. Received the tuner back and plugged it into car. When I turned the car on XM button was now on radio. Did not have to go to dealer to have the option enabled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts