Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Does anyone know if there are known problems with the window switches in the 2003 Devilles? As soon as the factory plan ran out, I started having problems with the window switch. I took it to the dealer twice for the same issue. :mad:The master switch doesnt always roll up/down the windows. Good thing I got the extended protection plan :)

Attachments

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I know that master switch is expensive, and I know they go out. Not much help here, but window switches have never been worth a dang. I guess it is the idea of the lowest bidder.

·
Registered
Cadillac
65 Posts
i just had my rear pass. window fixed under warrenty. it was'nt the switch. it was the wires in the black plastic tubing were pinched. check that.
out, tucci

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
Haven't had any problems with mine nor have I heard of many.

·
Registered
Cadillac
76 Posts
Yes. My 01' Deville has intermittent window issues. Sometimes, the windows will not roll down completely when the button is pressed, but if the button is pressed a second time, the windows will roll down. GM/Audi/Mercedes installs piss poor and expensive window regulators in their vehicles. I've had many problems with those models. I think only Toyota and Honda can install decent regulators

·
Registered
Cadillac DHS
16 Posts
I'm having problems with my rear right window. i rolled it down once and i haven't been able to roll it up. So, i pulled it up and now i use a suction cup to hold it at the position I want it in. Temp fix till I get get it in to get repaired. which won't be anytime soon. the suction cup seems to be doing fine. ( note: suction cup is on the inside and not the outside) HOw did you post that pix of your car?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I'm having problems with my rear right window. i rolled it down once and i haven't been able to roll it up. So, i pulled it up and now i use a suction cup to hold it at the position I want it in. Temp fix till I get get it in to get repaired. which won't be anytime soon. the suction cup seems to be doing fine. ( note: suction cup is on the inside and not the outside) HOw did you post that pix of your car?
Good temp fix until you find some J B Weld.

·
Registered
2003 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, since I took it to the dealer 2 times this year for the same problem, I decided to take it back, since their work was still covered for the previous work. They told me that the master switch went out again, They replaced it for free and covered the rental for 3 days.....:)

·
Registered
03' Cadillac Deville
8 Posts
Where did you get the suction cup from.

·
Registered
2003 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Suction cups? JB Weild? Come on people. Your driving a CADILLAC! A car know for setting the American standard for luxury.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
i just had my rear pass. window fixed under warrenty. it was'nt the switch. it was the wires in the black plastic tubing were pinched. check that.
out, tucci
so if the wires arepinched will that make the switch break and stop if from working i have a 86 deville and the front passengers window switch down keeps breaking but the one on the actual window still works fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts