Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DeVille has experienced the same stalling problems others have reported.

I took it in for repair 3 times over the last 3 years, most recently this summer 2003. I live in Southern California.

I am told that the reason for the repeat repairs is a limited number of bad parts (crank sensors I think) were made by one manufacturer that stayed in a local parts warehouse too long.

It's hard to believe I got the bad part when the car was manufactured, and then 2 other times over several years.

Do you know if this is the case and whether Cadillac has solved the problem? Has anyone experienced the same problem repeatedly who lives in other parts of the country?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 98, it stalled twice on different occasions, i was able to put the car in N and re start. shortly after the 2nd stall i began to have a hard start, the Fuel pressure regulator was bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i had the same problem with my 91 deville.. jsut going down the road and it would stall for no reason what so ever... solution... throttle positioning sensor was bad... check it out

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
2001 Seville had the same problem less than one week after purchasing it. The Crank Sensors are supposed to be in limited supply and increasingly hard for them to get. I personally call bullshyt and say they need to redesign the part, they had already been replaced once in the history of my car too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts