Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 cadillac deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Front Driver's side window is having some problem in my 1989 Cadillac Deville.

My front driver's side window stopped moving, so I was trying to find out what the problem is.

-Every other windows work from masterswitch, and their own switch other than front driver's side window (so probably not fuse related problem.)

-I can hear the motor: I pryed out the switch with screwdriver, and when I readjust wire (sometimes I have to hold the wires in certain way for power to go through), I can lower the window using switch, yet the window struggles moving up.

so it seems like motor and switch are working, and when wire is adjusted, I can lower the window, yet it struggles to go up (it just makes sound, and I can hear motor trying to lift the glass, yet can't lift it)

so would the problem be caused by glass regulator???
and i tried to do little reserch, and it seems like I can only find new aftermarket (OE fit) window motor for 89 Deville. All the regulator I can find online seems to be used. I don't mind using used part but I don't really want to use used regulator since I know Deville have troublematic window

thanks!!

·
Registered
1989 cadillac deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay Thanks Ranger,
I will try lubing white lithium grease this weekend and see how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts