Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville, 2000 SLS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stop heat from coming out of the passenger (front) side. When I turn off all heat (automatic) then the air flow abates but it is still hot.. Everything works correctly on the driver's side .
Is there anyone familiar with this area of the 2005 DeVille.?
I suspect a bad electric or vacuum switch but I have no idea of where it is or how to get there.

I am new to this forum and do not know how it works.
Copy any response to [email protected]

Thank you,
Dieter Schmied

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Don't post your email man...
Pull your codes, bet you have a hvac door code.

·
Registered
2005 Deville, 2000 SLS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted my email because I don't know if I am going to be alerted to any replies. Am I?

How do I pull my codes? If I have a hvac code,what do I do with it?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
There is a sticky at top of forum with directions on pulling codes. Post your codes with definition and if current or history.
Based on codes someone can point you in right direction.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,403 Posts
Dieter, Welcome to CF !!!! :highfive:

The best way to receive notification if a post has been replied to is to use the profile and Settings tabs to "subscribe" to a thread and then set your preferences - in your main profile - to receive a notification e-mail.

Otherwise, log in periodically and check your thread(s). A quick way to check, when logged in, is to use the "New Posts" tab up in the blue-black toolbar. That way you see only the threads that have been posted to since you last logged in.

For quick reference, you can also set your page size to "view XX posts per page". I use a PC or laptop, so see 40 posts per (scrolled) page. Also, "view newest posts first" works better than having to scroll through the entire thread every time you open it.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,249 Posts
I posted my email because I don't know if I am going to be alerted to any replies. Am I?

How do I pull my codes? If I have a hvac code,what do I do with it?
-------------------------------------
to check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -
---------------------------
we expect to see #2 mix door code -
and probably a #3 mix door code -

the #2 mix door actuator is also the actuator for the #3 - rear seat temp control -

it is actually fairly simple to replace by removing the glove box -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts