Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup
2,172 Posts
treetop said:
;)

On the left side in the rear, where the autoride sensor is linked to the left rear control arm, that small rod is shortened. It's maybe 5" long, 3/16" in diameter, with a plastic ball socket at each end. You simply pop the plastic socket off of one end, shorten the rod by 1/2" to 3/4", and press the socket back on the rod and reinstall. You can add some epoxy if you feel the need. It sounds more complicated than it is, it's an easy part to replace (or make your own) if you ever need to.

Shortening the linkage just tricks the autoride function into working with the new ride height- If you don't shorten it, the car will think the rear end is sitting too low and the rear shocks will always raise back up to the stock height- making the spring swap pointless.

Thank you for the explanation.

;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
but how is the ride with the 20s. a lot of folks tell me is a crappy ride and you should not go higher than 18s. what has been your experience with the 20s as far as ride comfort.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a '96 Deville on 20's. The tires are a 255/35/20. The ride was bit more hard, but I could hardly tell. Seemed as though the air ride suspension compensated for the rougher ride. Now I went to a passive strut system in the front, I feel alot mor bumps. To me it isn't that bad, the looks makes all the difference....lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
cadi197 said:
I have a '96 Deville on 20's. The tires are a 255/35/20. The ride was bit more hard, but I could hardly tell. Seemed as though the air ride suspension compensated for the rougher ride. Now I went to a passive strut system in the front, I feel alot mor bumps. To me it isn't that bad, the looks makes all the difference....lol.
The looks... it looks like a toy car to me, higher than stock. But if it makes you happy, I guess it's ok...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
D148LO: I agree but maybe we're just gettin old :)

CADI197: Thanks for the pic, looks like a clean set up. If I did ever spring for wheels, I'm guessing it'll be something like yours.

Actually I have been toying with the idea of getting new wheels on my 98 dev, (when I get a set of new tires).....but I just can't get myself to buy into the 'look'. <not to mention the change to the ride, cost, ding-awareness etc etc)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cadi197, your ride is nice. I have a 98 deville on 20's as well. Where did you get your grill from though? I've been having the hardest time trying to find a chrome grille.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thats my stock grill. I did order a polished billet grill from airbagit.com. I recieved it last monday and noticed that it didn't have the 4 studs across the top to mount to the hood and it also didn't have the bracket for the hood release to bolt to. I sent it back to them and the are making me a new one. I paid $243 shipped, so we will see what it looks like when it comes back. I know E&G Classics makes the "Dog House" grille for the lacs, but if you find a dealer they are close to $600-$800. Heres the link to the manufacturer.

http://www.egclassic.com/home.php

Good luck,
Cadi197

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac SLS
1 Posts
This is my 2001 Cadillac SLS on 22s ( 245/30/22 tires )
.... I have air shocks in the back... I did t like the way my back end was jacked up ( factory suspension system )...
So I took the ELC Relay out and it let all the air out the bags...

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Deville
854 Posts
dtucker318 said:
.... I have air shocks in the back... I did t like the way my back end was jacked up ( factory suspension system )...
Yep
Nice Lac

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
dtucker318 said:
:welcome:

This is the Deville section.

S

·
0 Posts
Car looks nice but rims look a little out of place size wise not my cup of tea :lildevil:

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,864 Posts
I'm with SG - looks like a cartoon car with those wheels -

I bet it can't turn - or go over bumps without rubbing -

and what happens if someone is in the back seat -
with the ELC unplugged - it MUST bottom out just sitting still -

I have air shocks in the back
oh - by the way -
ALL Devilles - Sevilles - and Eldos have air shocks in the back -

another clown used-to-be-cadillac

S

·
0 Posts
I'm with SG - looks like a cartoon car with those wheels -

I bet it can't turn - or go over bumps without rubbing -

and what happens if someone is in the back seat -
with the ELC unplugged - it MUST bottom out just sitting still -

I have air shocks in the back
oh - by the way -
ALL Devilles - Sevilles - and Eldos have air shocks in the back -

another clown used-to-be-cadillac
I think 20"s are the most i would go without looking out of place, if u look at any pics of devilles and sevilles with 20''s look perfect as i was going to get the vogue CV7's in 20" version anything bigger looks funny looking in my opinion but to each there own :cool2:

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Those young whipper snappers with their big rims and boom boom stereos.... Lol I agree though 20's at the most big rims look good on SUVs, me personally I wouldn't go over 18's for 2 reasons 1 the ride depreciates a little and 2 20"+ tires are way more expensive and don't last as long

41 - 60 of 60 Posts