Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
09 1SG STS4 & Subie CrossTrek (retired 03 DeVille & 05 V6 SRX4)
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had to go to the tire pump at the local gas station every 4-6 days to pump more Air into my right-front tire!
Today i had a bit more free time and decided to go to discount tires to check if i have a small puncher or the valve need to be replaced or something to find out that my Rim is bent and the inside is "peeling of" because of salt and moister!!
anyway the guy over there say you must change the wheel and you have 2 options now : A- buy a set of new rims from us or B- order an OEM replacement
I didn't like the rims they have it's too sporty in my taste to put on Devilles so i told him to get me one OEM wheel for now, because It's the only one that needed to be filled every now and then, so after checking online (didn't catch the site name) the dealer OEM replacement for the 7 spoke chrome wheel (what i have) is $920 or something at this time my heart is about goin to stop because i'm still a student and :banghead: he looked at me and start to laugh he said no I'm just getting the part number from this dealer site and i'm goin to order it from another place, after few calls he got me one for $375

I still feel ripped off :cursin:, I don't care if it's only $20 extra, what do you think ?

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
I think thats still a bit high, but then again, I'm used to $50 rims second hand.
you might try the local wrecking yards. occasionally they have a car in there with clean factory rims.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,748 Posts
Snoop around in www.wheelcollision.com for ideas then get into ebay, Amazon automotive, or Craigslist. As in all private parts sales, be very careful. The scammers far outnumber the legit sellers.

·
Registered
1993 Coupe Deville, 2009 XLR-V 1 of 6 Crystal Red
2,484 Posts
Salvage yards have some good deals most of the time. You might not be able to locate one right away because it will have to come off a wreck and I don't see many 2003 models in the pick-a part yards. There is a Cadillac only salvage yard near LA that might have one. Google them and give them a call. They should be able to give you a warranty also.

·
Registered
06 CTS
126 Posts
I had mine cleaned and polished because of the inside deterioration. They cleaned up pretty good and held up for the most part. Just recently I had to use some of that fix-a-flat crap on one and she's been holding ever since.

Damn, when I think of all the little problems these freaken Caddie's accumulate!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,748 Posts
For wheel repair and refinishing as well as slow leak work, Google something like "mobile wheel repair" - make sure this is in the URL. This is a franchise operation - I learned about it when a truck scraped one of my truck rims and bent the edge a tad. The guy picked up the tire/wheel, took it to his shop, rebuilt and balanced the wheel and then the assembly, repainted and clearcoated it for $150. It's perfect.

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS
1,694 Posts
You can pick them up at a bone yard for about 100 apeice, unless they are the fully polished versions, then they will probably be 150 to 175. call around.

·
Registered
No more Cadillacs
680 Posts
I bought a set of chrome factory wheels for my 01 Deville from Ebay for $250. They had corrosion and flaking where the bead meets. I used a wire wheel type abrasive disc with my drill and clleaned them up in about a half an hour. Been on the car for a few months now with no leaks. The seller was a major used supplier and gave me the option of return or partial money back for my trouble. If yours is bent though, you may just want to pick up one on ebay. I've seen polished for $30 - $50 at times.

·
Premium Member
09 1SG STS4 & Subie CrossTrek (retired 03 DeVille & 05 V6 SRX4)
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I'll search for wheel repair shop to see if i can repair the bent one,
I went to 2 junk yards and didn't find the rims I'm looking for

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
i have a cracked chrome rim and they said im gonna have to get a new one or the air wil leak ... guess what it's been 5 months now and nothing has happend !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts