Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear this from time to time.. Why is this? Is it even true? It just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.. What does the Seville have that the DeVille doesn't? I would guess nothing...

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
It may just be that DeVille owners are more careful. Seville owners may drive their cars harder and lead to more problems.

The numbers do show that Seville is terribly unreliable, but they also show that the 2000 and 2002 DeVilles were VERY reliable.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering.. It seems they are more reliable as far as everyone is concerned. I'd like to find out why..

What about the 2001 DeVille? You didn't mention that one as being as reliable...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Wouldn't the higher "fleet" sales of the Deville affect those numbers? I mean if the Deville has a higher percentage of its total sales to fleets, then I would think that there will be fewer reported issues with them. There is also the posibility that since a lot of the fleet sales for the Deville are W20 cars and therefore substantially heavier-duty, that they would scew the numbers too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
A lot of reviews say that. On edmunds, they tested a 98 Seville and wouldnt stop talking about its parts keeping vibrating and comming apart. On other reviews I read about the DeVille, I read it was a solid car, with no vibrations.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a 96 Seville, and with all the quirks associated with the struts, northstarisms.........am I the only one who at times wishes my Seville had the simplicity and conventionalism of the 96 Fleetwood, with the LT1, RWD, ..and with regular cheap struts/springs/shocks?

What I love about the Seville is the looks, and definitely not the quirks.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
They had a good idea in mind, but just didnt follow through....

I would take a mint condition fleetwood brougham fully loaded with the gold package (like our 95) over any cadillac....... IMO they will be timeless, and if well kept, will be worth some serious money later.......

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I think that's one thing we can agree on :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
lev said:
"The numbers do show that Seville is terribly unreliable"

Hey Elvis, what do you base that on?
You still didn't answer, Elvis.

And the reason I revive these threads, RBraczyk and Davesdeville, is because many new people join and I am certain got something to say and because you can always look up at your postings with an examining eye.

:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts