Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Can you hear me now?” In the 2006 DTS you can finally tune Verizon’s pencil necked geek out of your life by simply rolling up the windows. Thanks to Solutia and there “Saflex glass interlayer” which will be used in the side windows of the car. This new window design uses a polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayer to reduce sound even more and catch those nasty UV rays that burn almost as much as the Verizon Geeks voice. Even beater is the fact that this new glass weighs less than the outgoing glass used in the Deville.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31508&highlight=dts+window

does anyone know if this glass is available to regular glass shop and if so can it be shaped to replace 2001 deville windows

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
OffThaHorseCEO said:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31508&highlight=dts+window

does anyone know if this glass is available to regular glass shop and if so can it be shaped to replace 2001 deville windows
im not so sure most of them would have to be reshaped at all ..

after the huge ammount ive time ive spent behind the wheel of the DTS and the 00-05 deville the difference in sound dampening isnt worth the cost to retrofit a deville .....the front windshield is the most important peice , and is the only winow im sure wont fit up perfectly without a little massageing , the others look to fit up just right

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks stoney! i guess ill go with some sound deadener in the doors. i dont know why but i want the quietest of the quiet for my cabin....i want it to the point where i can be yellin at the top of my lungs at the person in the passenger side, and everyone is lookin so i roll upthe windows and all you see is my mouth moving and dont hear anything at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts