Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has been getting in the high 50's and low 60's at night here BRRRRRRRR! Anyway Frances does not want to crank right up when it is cold. She will take off on the 3rd or 4th try, depending how cold it was during the night. She has the 4.9 and 163K on her. During the summer I had the plugs, wires, cap and rotor replaced. I checked the codes and only had one code which I believe has nothing to do with it.

F40 - Air Mix Door Problem :hmm:

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
50-60 degrees at night? Geez, my heart bleeds for you. If you keep talking like that, no one will help you.:D

Have you checked the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Ranger. If it makes you feel better, it will be under 48 out here in the sticks tonight.:crying: I will get a gauge tomorrow and try that. I also found a post over a year old where you recommended to check the fuel pump relay also. I will try that too. I am also going to replace the rusty coil.

Little things I can do. The rest is up to the local mechanic. I really trust him and he listens to me when I tell him what I think is wrong. I was a mechanic in the Army for 20 years. I cannot do much now due to my disability, hence my name.:cloud9:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
NitroCaddy said:
Thanks for the reply Ranger. If it makes you feel better, it will be under 48 out here in the sticks tonight.
Ahh, still no sympathy, sorry. It's gonna be warm here tonight, 25 degrees, and then 5-6" of snow tommorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts