Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks,
I´m new to this forum and with Cadillac. I bought my Deville on ebay receintly and got this nice car to Sweden. It´s just runs marvelous and are pretty exotic here. They were never sold in Europe far as I know.

Does anyone know if these cars has vent filters (pollenfilter). If so where are they located ? And I´m really greateful for knowledge of a good shop where I can buy spares in the US, where they agree shipping them to Europe !? Sounds easy but sometimes I don´t get answers by email !? Thank´s for your help.

I attach a picture of my car later.

Regards, Mike:)

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Where in Sweden are you? I have a relative in Nykoping. I hope you are enjoying the Cadillac. There is no cabin or pollen filter as David Jenison said, why do you ask? Is everything OK

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank´s everbody for hints about spares. I´ll check it up if they ship to Europe.

About cabinfilter & ventilation; there is no issues. Just wanted to change it if it was nine years old.

And sure, I really enjoy my beauty.

Bye,
Mike

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where in Sweden are you? I have a relative in Nykoping. I hope you are enjoying the Cadillac. There is no cabin or pollen filter as David Jenison said, why do you ask? Is everything OK
I live in Stockholm about 75 miles from Nykoping.

Bye,
Mike

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
There are no cabin filters on that year of DeVille.

Great looking car. I hope you enjoy it.

DAVE
'97 Concours
Heck, I was going to sell him some for $50 each--the last ones left in the USA.

David, you need to replace the little fan belt that controls the water pump if you have not done so. Maybe the little flywheel or rotor for that belt too. Cheap insurance.

Search for Gene Culley. Good pricing.

·
Registered
Ex-99 Deville and 04 DTS owner. Now 05 DTS and 07 Audi S6 owner. 5.2L V10 power!
864 Posts
I thought all cars had filters in them. Why didn't cadillac put them in those devilles? So straight air from outside goes into the cabin unfiltered? What about a 99 Deville? They have filters?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,994 Posts
Cars have never had cabin air filters until recently (last 10 years or so on some models). My daughter '04 Grand Am didn't have one till I fabricated one for her. The Devilles got them in 2000.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Escalade got one in '02 but none in '03 or later..WTH?

It's just air though who are we kidding? Open the window or door and ..... oh my God... we're gonna die!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,994 Posts
I agree. We didn't have them for eons. No great need for them. The only reason I fabricated one for my daughters car is that she has to park in the driveway next to a large pine. Pollen covers the car in spring and gets ingested into the vents when she starts it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts