Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Sedan DeVille, 4.6L Northstar
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to go about changing the front and rear brake pads. I also need to know how to bleed the system. I have seen that you remove the bleeder screw, but then what? How do refill it? How do you avoid "air" in the system. Basically how do you bleed the brake system? Everyone tells me that this is easy and not to pay someone to do it. Also, can I just change the pads and put the calipers back on? I know there are alot of questions to answer here, but any help would be great. Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
Go to the past Seville forum and search around for brakes, pads, bleed, etc. There have been several very recent discussions and "how to" posts within the last 2 weeks. It's not hard, and you probably won't have to bleed the brakes if you follow directions. 2 hours, all 4 wheels. (good jack and stands...)

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
I normally would never recommend the Chiltons or Haynes manuals, but for the basics that you are asking that might be a good investment. Since you seem to have no idea of what to do, I would suggest you get someone who knows what they are doing to show you how to do it rather than try to learn on the internet. It really is not hard, bit I would much rather show someone than tell them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts