Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i bought my car it kept overheating and i don't no what to do. and once the coolant level dropped after when i thoought i fixed the overheating. the car coolant temp would be bought 224. i was wondering what is anyone's elses :nono: coolant temp in their car or what is the normal coolant temps.

·
Super Moderator
86,074 Posts
My '97 Deville runs 206-213. Cooling fans don't even come on til 224 so 224 is not high. What did you do to fix the over heat problem or did you? Your post was a little unclear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not fixed and it drinks oil. the tempature is still high. i don't know what to do to fix it. it loss coolant the other day.

·
Super Moderator
86,074 Posts
Oil usage is normal. Check the Technical Archive in the upper left corner of this page.

Overheating and coolant loss is not good. Is the coolant going out the overflow or is it being consumed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ranger said:
Oil usage is normal. Check the Technical Archive in the upper left corner of this page.

Overheating and coolant loss is not good. Is the coolant going out the overflow or is it being consumed?
consumed only one time from when i had the car from july till now it overheated bout three or four times. and it said check coolant level once i think.

·
Super Moderator
86,074 Posts
Well, start with the easy stuff. Surge tank cap holding pressure? Water pump belt tensionor providing enough tension? Coolant mix 50/50? Purge line clear? Fans coming on when temp gets to 224? Radiator fins clear of bugs? Radiator flow good? Thermostat?

·
Registered
540 Posts
My 96 is trying to do similar stunts. It doesn't drink the coolant, but you can smell it evaporating off of the motor. I just don't know exactly where it is coming from. I thought that I would be able to see in winter, when it is cold enought to see where the steam is coming from. At any rate,Do you smell the cooland when you get out of the car?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
tescon