Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automotive News / November 21, 2005
When the long-awaited Dodge Challenger concept debuts in January at the Detroit auto show, enthusiasts inevitably will compare it with the classic 1970 version. The new Challenger will boast a 6.1-liter Hemi V-8, a six-speed manual transmission, dual hood scoops and a piston-grip shifter. Underneath the skin is a shortened version of the LX platform used for the Dodge Charger and Magnum.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Drool! The retro craze is awesome. I'd love to see a T/A version. Not the six-pack of course, but the megaphone sidepipes were really cool.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
wow that looks amazing!

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
That's my next car, I love the early drawn concepts.The base price is trying to stay competitive with the Mustang market, so I expect the base price to start around $25,000. I love the "new" retro look like the new Mustang, but the GTO looks like hell and the Charger isn't that much better.

The Challenger was a legendary muscle car, and I'm glad Dodge got the look right on this one. I'm waiting for the R/T version!

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
So did I. I've always been partial the the tee handles myself.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
My dream car is a '69 Charger R/T plum crazy purple, Dana, track pack, 440 6-pack, and that kick-asss pistol grip shifter :)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
That rear-end and quarterpanels are exceptional! Very appealing, and very classic looking. Of course, there goes Chrysler putting 58 inch rims on another vehicle.......

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Wholly CRAP...I will buy that in an INSTANT if it comes out...hot DAMN, without a doubt, I will buy that car. I love my 72, and it'd be GREAT to have a new one as well...

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Katshot said:
That IS a sharp looking car alright. Damn I wish Plymouth was still around. I'd REALLY love to see a new Hemi 'Cuda! :thumbsup:
If they were around chances are pretty good that the 'Cuda would look just like the Challenger. You could buy one of these new Challengers and make your own 'Cuda with early badges and redo the tail lights. I know it would be cheating but the big three do it all the time, why can't we? :p

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Oh no...I must have one. Damnitall, why did you have to put those pics up!?

So, I'm unfamiliar with the whole concept car to reality thing...IF they decide to do it, what kind of timeframe are we looking at here? I have to get my points off my record and start saving... :)

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spyder said:
So, I'm unfamiliar with the whole concept car to reality thing...IF they decide to do it, what kind of timeframe are we looking at here?
I think Dodge could have one out in 2 to 3 years.

Now I can't wait till January to see how the Camaro concept looks!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts