Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 STS
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I want to know what everyones preferred cleaning/detailing product is?

I ran a detail shop for about a year, and I am a strong believer in Maguires products, to me they are not only the best quality as far as the appearance of the vehicle, but also they are the safest. Meaning you're really not going to do damage to your paint or interior if you don't know what you're doing. (As long as you have some common sense, and you can read the label on the back...haha.)

Just wanted to hear some opinions, and also if you're in the Las Vegas area and need the exterior of your car detailed, let me know...I love making cars look better and I can promise you i am much cheaper than a detail shop.

Adam

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Seville SLS
63 Posts
If you want a quick and easy way to detail and give your car a REAL good look, try using TurtleWax ICE detailer and claybar, this thing is really nice and you can use it on plastic and no white residue. It won't last forever, but it does the job.

I also use, McGuiares Plastic Shiner Gel, that thing is wonderful for the interior for the glossy look.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
We had 36 detail shops in the 80's and 90's and used 90% Meguiar's products, we were the largest end user of Meguiar's products in the US for 10 years, their products are good, but there are many products on the market and some products offer better durability, for over the counter products I like Mother's better than Meguiar's. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
The other day was the first time I waxed my 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS that I 've only owned for about a week now. I used Maguires NXT wax on it and found it to be a great wax. It made my Diamond White paint look really deep. This is th e only wax I'll use from now on. I like all the Maguires products. I also use their leather cleaner and their hot wheel mag cleaner as well as their tire foam spray. I did buy their plastx cleaner for the headlight but haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
I come from the vette world and am a Zaino fan. I understand that NXT is a similar product. Sounds like ICE is, too?

·
Registered
94 Cadillac Deville
41 Posts
I'm an amature when it comes to giving my vehicle the proper detailing, I know only the basics and I probably dont even have them down pat lol. I just tried the NXT yesterday and I was very impressed, went on smooth and came off quick with minimal effort. I am also a huge fan of the ice wax although it does not last very long, it gives a great shine and cover up.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I come from the vette world and am a Zaino fan. I understand that NXT is a similar product. Sounds like ICE is, too?
Not really, both NXT and Ice do not last real long in terms of durability, not close to Zaino, although they are sold over the counter so getting them is easier than Zaino which is mail order, unless you live near a distributor. :)

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Not really, both NXT and Ice do not last real long in terms of durability, not close to Zaino, although they are sold over the counter so getting them is easier than Zaino which is mail order, unless you live near a distributor. :)
Thank, I suspected. But Barry says his stuff is soooo good in his commercials!! I'll keep ordering the Z stuff because I've been very pleased with all their products.

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
for polishes, Menzerna has got to be the best. Literally, my black Seville was PURE swirls and scratches, the paint looked horrible. I got me a Porter Cable 7335 (similar to 7424) and some Menzerna Intesive polish and Menzerna Nano Polish, and it worked absolute frickin' wonders. The stuff is unbeilevable. You would be a fool not to have it.

As for other products, Meguiars "shampoo plus" works really well for me, four star clay, cobra microfiber anything, CCS pads, Wolfgang sealant, Pinnacle, and P31s for waxes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts