Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cts
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a kind of person who likes to detail my car myself. I am allways looking for new products that work well on my car. Please list the detailers you use and the helpful tips and hints that go along with those. This will help us all in this forum to keep our rides looking clean and shiny.

-CadillacLouie:coffee:

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
california sunshine, griots garage, meguiars nxt line, meguiars mirror glaze line, zymol, and stoner

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
I am a kind of person who likes to detail my car myself. I am allways looking for new products that work well on my car. Please list the detailers you use and the helpful tips and hints that go along with those. This will help us all in this forum to keep our rides looking clean and shiny.

-CadillacLouie:coffee:
if you do a search, this has been talked about many times on this forum...

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
369 Posts
if you do a search, this has been talked about many times on this forum...

I'm sure just about everything has been discussed many times on this forum.
If you don't want to answer the question, then don't.
I'm so tired of the "try the search" response

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
well if some people would do a search first, they would find the answers to there questions then...

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Actually, the search function SUCKS. :alchi:

·
Registered
2003 Cts
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exactly.. let someone repost.. there are new people in the forum everyday! Someone has to come around and ruin it and say "search"

·
Registered
369 Posts
well if some people would do a search first, they would find the answers to there questions then...
Look, I'm not gonna get into a back and forth with you here but, Yeah people could do a search before posting and get 1500 threads related to their search criteria, spend a day and a half looking for thier exact question, or just ask the question in a new post. If you want people to search first, than that is fine, but you don't have to reply at all. Let them hang and maybe they'll try the search on thier own. You reply with a "try the search" or reply with an answer to the question, either way you REPLY. Is it that big a deal to just answer the freakin question!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
CadillacLouie

I use mothers, armoral, and rainx on my car. Nothing special, but after I'm done washing my car, it looks pretty nice to me.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
california sunshine, griots garage, meguiars nxt line, meguiars mirror glaze line, zymol, and stoner
There are alot of great products from alot of good brands. Naming these brands, especially one as expensive as Zymol, is useless. Most guys on this board say they are driving a 'CADILLAC', but when they go to take care of it, they give it the cheapest treatment, from gas, to oil, ot detailing products.

Just find a brand you like, visit a detailing forum for usage tips, and then detail your car.

If you guys want good, high quality, affordable brands to use, try these--- Duragloss. Optimum. Poorboys. and the old faithful Meguairs. If you want to branch out into more expensive brands, try Wolfgang, Blackfire, or Zaino.
If you want the highest end brand of waxes, dont use Zymol. Theyre dicks to deal with, and the wax is generally harder to use then others. Swissvax makes better equivalent waxes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I listed all of the brands I use and I love my Zymol that is applied by your actual hand

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I listed all of the brands I use and I love my Zymol that is applied by your actual hand
Almost all Zymol's are suggested to be applied by your hand, from the $50 Carbon wax to the $25,000 Zymol Solaris. Trust me, try some Swissvax, and youll never use Zymol again. Try Swissvax Concorso, spectacular wax, much easier to use the Zymol Concours, at a similar price.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Learn how to use a buffer and buff it out by first using a polish then wax it or worse comes to worse you can always wet sand

1 - 20 of 29 Posts