Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...

So this is something I have been discussing with the guys and gals at work recently. It is SURPRISING how MANY guys actually watch this show and enjoy it, and I guess Ill be the first one here to admit Im actually one of them! The show Im talking about is Desperate Housewives.

Anyone else here get a kick out of it. I find a total romp of suburban living. Really good show.

I have also taken a huge liking to LOST and Arrested Development. Thats as many as I can currently keep up with!

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
My mother got me into Lost last season, and I've caught the first couple of episodes this season. The only other cable TV shows I watch regularly are ER and Gray's Anatomy.

I hate all reality TV garbage, with the exception of the Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV. There's a fight at the end of every episode. :D

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive heard alot of Buzz about Gray's Anatomy recently. Supposed to be pretty good.

Its funny we always talk about the "Big Three" car makers around here but the other "Big Three" which have just as much if not more turmoil than the automakers are ABC, CBS and NBC. Of course their competition is not so much foreign as it is cable and Satellite channels, and Fox.

They all go through some really craptacular times and then seem to eventually rebound. NBC was on the top of everyones TV watching list for the longest time and now they are flat out at the BOTTOM of the pack. CBS came back from the dead a few years ago and has gotten better and better, though they still hold the title for some of the corniest TV around on occasion. By far the big success of the past year has to be ABC though. They were in REAL hot water and got a shot in the arm with Lost, Desperate Housewives and Gray's Anatomy. They dont have much in the way of comedies, but George Lopez and Hope and Faith is not terrible.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
ive watched most espisodes of LOST , but i gave up on it a few weeks back , its like a rerun every week , show never gets anywhere ....ill buy it on DVDand worry about it then

as for the others , i watched desperate housewives for a few minutes a couple weeks ago becuse i saw Eva on there , and shes so hot there isnt even words for it ...then a commercial came on and i prolly forgot what i was watching ....i probably ended up on history chanel again ...

just really dont like sitcoms anymore , im still pissy over home improvement going off the air ....

now a show about the normandy invasion ? or how to regrout your bathtub ? im all over that .....

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh dude yea, I am a History Channel/DIY/HGTV/Discovery Channel junkie too. In fact up until I was coersed into watching these shows by some friends those were all that I watched. I like the auto stuff and Engineering Disasters and Modern Marvels on History, American Chopper on Discovery and various things on the others. I also have a strange fascination with shopping channels.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
Oh dude yea, I am a History Channel/DIY/HGTV/Discovery Channel junkie too. In fact up until I was coersed into watching these shows by some friends those were all that I watched. I like the auto stuff and Engineering Disasters and Modern Marvels on History, American Chopper on Discovery and various things on the others. I also have a strange fascination with shopping channels.
+1. I watch more TLC, History, Discovery, Discovery health, Military etc channels. I also watch the movie channels like Showtime, HBO, Movie, Cinemax, etc.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
oh forgot to mention military channel ....ive enjoyed that one since it came out ....

HBO Skinmax and all that wasnt worth my money , i got the cable setup that got me speed channel , and even thats worthless now becuse its Nascar 24-7

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Personally, I love the FX dramas. Shield, Nip/Tuck :) (my favorite of all time, so glad it won a golden globe finally!), Rescue Me, 30 Days.

I've also started watching that VH1 show, Breaking Bonaduce, its some...interesting...reality T.V., much better than their other one, My Fair Brady.

Then of course there is Monday Night RAW!:lildevil:, which I never miss:sneaky:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I normally watch all the MTV Reality shows (Real World, Laguna Beach etc.) but right now I am LOVING Prison Break!!! I've heard good things about Desperate Housewives but I just never got into it.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Nip/Tuck pisses me off because their logo shows kind of a silhouette of a scalpel and a red line which I interpret as representing the cut made by the scalpel. The scalpel is facing the WRONG WAY. MAN does that ever burn me when I see it. I haven't watched the show since it involves surgery and if the people making it don't even know which way a scalpel goes the show is probably going to suck.

Arrested Development is a great show but it's so crazy I can only stomach so much of it.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
I watch Desperate Housewives every week. You really need to start watching Greys Anatomy it is really good. Another great one that just started this season is Criminal Minds. If you haven't watched it yet you should.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
davesdeville said:
Nip/Tuck pisses me off because their logo shows kind of a silhouette of a scalpel and a red line which I interpret as representing the cut made by the scalpel. The scalpel is facing the WRONG WAY. MAN does that ever burn me when I see it. I haven't watched the show since it involves surgery and if the people making it don't even know which way a scalpel goes the show is probably going to suck.
Davesdeville, I have never seen the show, but your statement made me curious so I looked for the show's logo. If it is the one I downloaded from their site, let me tell you the scalpel is placed in the usual manner (sharp side down). Nevertheless, a scalpel blade is used "upside down" as well.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Nip/Tuck comes on tonight at 10pm EST (Tuesday)! YAY!

The show is in it's 3rd season, and it won the Golden Globe last year for Best Drama series. Obviously some people (like me) like it because it pulls about 4 million viewers per episode (and keep in mind it comes on pretty LATE). All of the actors are great (they've all been nominated for golden globes and emmys) which adds to the greatness of the whole show. Their music is awesome too, they always have real trendy and hip modern music in the episodes.

It is graphic though (which is why it comes on so late), and if you don't like seeing actual surgery or some sexual scenes it may not be for you. But I enjoy it, because it has such good plots and storylines...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
20 Participants
SilverFleetwood85