Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Seville STS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im hoping you can help me as im going to torch this thing soon.

So,I had sporadic flashing of the indicators on all 4 corners,not in sync with anything.If i put the hazards on they work,as do the indicators,but they would still sporadically flash in between.

Me thinking its the hazard switch/flasher unit,i just got another one,same thing.

So as i was sat there shouting at Daisy Mae(the missus named her) i heard a relay clicking in time with the flashing coming from behind the rear seat.

I removed the seat back for the 1st time(that was fun!) and i found a module that was clicking its nuts off.
It has a red cable and a white cable going into it that to me looks like ultrasonics on a car alarm.i unplugged these and still the same,i unplugged the multiplug going to it and wahay,the flashing stopped.

Car starts,indicators and hazards work and when i put it in drive it wants to move(i didnt pull away as the car was still in bits)

So can anybody tell me if this is the alarm module?Im guessing it doesnt run the immobiliser too or the car wouldnt have started.
Is there any issues i will come across by leaving it unplugged?What could be causing it to be an arse?

Any help would be massively appreciated :)

Thanks lads.

Gary

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,286 Posts
Hi guys im hoping you can help me as im going to torch this thing soon.

So,I had sporadic flashing of the indicators on all 4 corners,not in sync with anything.If i put the hazards on they work,as do the indicators,but they would still sporadically flash in between.

Me thinking its the hazard switch/flasher unit,i just got another one,same thing.

So as i was sat there shouting at Daisy Mae(the missus named her) i heard a relay clicking in time with the flashing coming from behind the rear seat.

I removed the seat back for the 1st time(that was fun!) and i found a module that was clicking its nuts off.
It has a red cable and a white cable going into it that to me looks like ultrasonics on a car alarm.i unplugged these and still the same,i unplugged the multiplug going to it and wahay,the flashing stopped.

Car starts,indicators and hazards work and when i put it in drive it wants to move(i didnt pull away as the car was still in bits)

So can anybody tell me if this is the alarm module?Im guessing it doesnt run the immobiliser too or the car wouldnt have started.
Is there any issues i will come across by leaving it unplugged?What could be causing it to be an arse?

Any help would be massively appreciated :)

Thanks lads.

Gary
=====================
too many modules to pick from -
a pic would be helpful -

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a picture of it.The red and white cables not shown as they has been unplugged prior to pic.
11251531_10155606387975389_2011928660_n.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is located on the drivers side(uk rhd) rear of the seat back about half way up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts