Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked it up today, at about 12:25. Wow, what a car.

The car is miles above and beyond Cadillac (or really most any car) in terms of build quality and attention to detail. Some of the things they have in here are just insane. I'll go further into detail later if you wanna know. Otherwise, the thing rides insanely smooth...it doesn't have the slight bobbing motion that I'm used to while traveling down the highway, and it handles soooo nicely. I can actually accelerate through a tight turn or curve and not feel the least bit nervous, and it seems to have very little body roll, atleast compared to the deVille. The car inspires confidence behind the wheel. Complete and udder confidence. The seats are firm, but comfortable, and honest to god, there is more legroom in the rear of this than there was in my deVille, and that's no small feat. But I'll end up missing the plush seats, long flat hood, lamp monitors and other bits and pieces of the Cadillac, I'll always have a soft spot for the old girl.

My only worries is the negative attention it'll probably recieve, it's a higher profile vehicle, which is sorta what I wanted, but with that comes a few downsides...(cops and robbers lol) I have seemed to notice that women look at me as I drive by, which is just what the doctor ordered.

When I brought it into work today, for the inspection needed for the warranty I'm gonna buy, I was gettin all sorts of compliments from my coworkers, and when I went to gas it up (christ that was expensive!) a guy in a E46 3 Series convertible gave me the thumbs up, and then later, a couple in a E39 528i gave me the thumbs up....I could def. get used to this.

Now all I've gotta do is get it so I can play my iPod thru the stereo. And then read thru the owner's manual to figure some things out. I forsee a trip to Best Buy tonight!

Anyways though, I'm very happy with my purchase, and I'm somewhere I never thought I'd be fortunate enough to be....behind the wheel of a Benz. :)

PICS!

We had our driveway redone this morning, and I thought this would make
for a neat angle.

The book of dreams and the funds necessary to procure the dream life.

Me and the Benz, at the dealer. I need to think of a name for her.

Mileage on the way home.

The most I have ever spent on gas, and it was just below 1/4 tank!

The old and the new. Taken @ work. Angie will stay parked in our backlot until I can put it over at my uncle's place in a few days. I can't park it at my place because we just got the driveway redone so we all have to park on the street, and there's like no space.

More to come later...

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Love it. Hopefully you'll be able to get rid of that Deville soon, and have many years of pure luxury from that bank vault Benz.

Now, I really want one even more:rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
So its a done deal. Alrighty then. There is a guy on ebay that sells Alpine CD/mp3 changers that work with the stock stereo. Mine did not have a CD changer stock but it did have the hookup in the trunk so installation was a breeze. I think I paid around $300 or so for it. Sounded great!. Only problem is that you cant put more than 99 songs on one MP3 disc cause the head unit only goes up to track 99. Here's a pic of my 'ole S320. Identical to yours inside but obviously blue on the outside and bit lower mileage.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
A mighty fine automobile you got there.

Kinda cool how it's almost the same color as your DeVille.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
:woohoo: Great car, Chad! Congratulations, bud. :LittleB:

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
Nice car Chad! But good lord... 20 gallons of gas?!? Guess I shouldn't whine about my 15 gallons (on empty).

D

·
0 Posts
Anyways though, I'm very happy with my purchase, and I'm somewhere I never thought I'd be fortunate enough to be....behind the wheel of a Benz. :)
Feels good doesn't it?. I love that color, I would have taken that color over the dark blue one I had any day. I'm 35 the car kinda fit me, you though at 20 are the PIMP!. Only prob I forsee is that the ladies might think you are driving your dads car around. Nah, it'll be alright.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Good Luck Chad. My dad had a 1997 S320 LWB that he absolutely loved. I'm jealous of your flip key. If someone sold a conversion kit for GM cars I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
HA! Sixty bucks a BIG fillup?! My old Chevy truck used to take seventy or eighty bucks every four days! Two 18 gallon tanks! :) My '66 Lincoln had a 32 gallon tank, if I remember correctly. I know it took me over forty bucks one day to NOT get a full tank, when fuel was only $1.29 a gallon. :)

Nice looking car. Take care of her and enjoy!

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Congrats! You lucky bastard! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Well Chad, congrats. I don't really care for the car (looks or otherwise) but as long as you like it, its all good.
:eek:

Anyway.... you get alot of snow right? If the car is from FL, thats awesome, cause thats the best way to buy a car. I'd take triple care to completly wash/flush out the underbody of the car after each winter... I dunno about yours winters, but NY winters were horrible on cars... and it really shows... cause the underbody of my 11 year old Town Car looks brand new in comparison.... last thing you want is a nice car rusting out from under you and once that happens you can't do anything about it... if you plan to keep the car a long time (seems you do) its just something to look out for... been there, done that. Personally rust, and underbody rust on the frame, floor pans, all fluid lines etc... is just the worst thing that can happen to a car, and would be the ultimate go or no-go factor.... that alone (super clean underbody) was one of the primary reasons I got my particular Town Car.

Does the dealership you work for have a paintless dent repair guy come around to remove door dings from cars they are gonna sell? Most do, and those guys can really do some awesome work.... If they do, have them take a little at the little dent in the truck, it dosn't appear that the paint is messed up, but it is on a body line, so they may not be able to do too much.... but I was just figuring they may be able to help it out.

As for the bumper clips, pull one off, I'd imagine they are pretty normal clips... never know though, but Advance has a bunch of different types of clips in the Help section... it may not say Mercedes-Benz on the box, but they would serve the same purpose.... worth a look atleast.

Anyway, I look forward to more pictures... I'd personally like to see more interior pictures, closeups and details etc.... also we need some 0-100 videos and stuff :thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Anything that big, German, and female has got to be called Brunhilde. Congrats on your new purchase, and many happy miles (kilometers?) of driving pleasure. Now go out and thunder down the interstate while playing Wagner at full tilt!:)

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
It is the long wheelbase version, and it seems the wheelbase was made longer thru extending the rear seat area... so.... I'd hope it has more room in the back then a '92 DeVille.....

None of these German names are sexy sounding.... or have a romantic sound......

.... lol, now I am laughing out loud to things some guys at work say.... gosh you'd really have to be there... but we were talking about how Germans will make the simplest thing into a really big and complicated word, then another guy was saying how everything they say sounds really aggressive, so one guy was like, yeah, you'd be with your girl cuddling and say (in an aggressive Hitler type voice) "whoglosovakin de butchakaja" then he was says in a deep voice... "no, relax baby, I'm just tryin' to say I love you"..... yeah you would have to be there.....

1 - 20 of 358 Posts