Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS Luxury AWD 2.0T Red Obsession
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not even a year old and someone managed to open their car door into my front fender, I was pulled into an end spot facing toward the building and they most likely pulled up and threw their door open....now I have some nice scratches and a small dent.

Anyone have any luck with those paintless dent places and then having a detail shop wet sand or something? just hurts to see it every day

·
Registered
2016 ATS V
295 Posts
Yep they do a great job and take the dent and scratches right out. Had mine hit in the rear quarter on Christmas Day and was fairly big. $100 cash and 2 hours later and the car looked great again. Just make sure you find a reputable one.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My dealer has an excellent body shop. And my SA knows one of the guys, I was in for an oil change and he saw it and had the guy wet sand it. Came out perfect. I even forgot where exactly the hit was.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that man. I park way in the back when I go to the store. And still someone will park that far away with me. Once I waited for that person to come out to their car. They parked right on top of mine with 40 parking spaces open. Take it I'm way out by the road. I asked the dude why he parked like that way the hell out here on top of my car. He just looked at me and took off fast. Well that just pissed me off even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnlujWC9m-g

·
Registered
2016 ATS V
295 Posts
I've had that too Duneless. Obviously they are just a bunch of jacka$$e$ that have absolutely no appreciation for their cars so they piss off people that do.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Yeah I just don't get it. If you park next to me a half mile away from the store because you love your car than great. But it's not those people. Those will park there so close they cant get out of their car unless they bang your door up trying to get out.
I've had that too Duneless. Obviously they are just a bunch of jacka$$e$ that have absolutely no appreciation for their cars so they piss off people that do.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
over the years I've used PDR people with great success. Whenever I get a ding or small dent I get it fixed right away some will even come to you and do it in your driveway just like Safelight. Set up an apt through your dealer because they will use a quality guy who goes from dealer to dealer one day a week or so and takes out all the dings/hail damage etc. on the new cars on the lot. There is a good chance you if you buy new cars that you've had PDR work done and don't know it.

One thing to watch for is when they take screws out of wheel well covers they don't put screws back and sometimes they don't even take them out they just yank the plastic to get the tool in on fender repairs.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,404 Posts
I had PDR take out some dents on previous cars and was very happy with the results.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that man. I park way in the back when I go to the store. And still someone will park that far away with me. Once I waited for that person to come out to their car. They parked right on top of mine with 40 parking spaces open. Take it I'm way out by the road. I asked the dude why he parked like that way the hell out here on top of my car. He just looked at me and took off fast. Well that just pissed me off even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnlujWC9m-g
This happens ALL the time to me. I am incredibly careful where I park no matter what car I have. Almost to an OCD level. Park way out in the open with no car within 10 spots any direction and come out and someone has parked right next to me. Can't even fathom that thinking.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Because they know you will not dent their car and they are protected on one side by your car. They also like to mess with us...As long as they don't key the car or damage it all I can do is be amazed.

·
Registered
'15 ATS Coupe Lux
93 Posts
not even a year old and someone managed to open their car door into my front fender, I was pulled into an end spot facing toward the building and they most likely pulled up and threw their door open....now I have some nice scratches and a small dent.

Anyone have any luck with those paintless dent places and then having a detail shop wet sand or something? just hurts to see it every day

I got you beat ....mine is only 4 months old and I just noticed my first ding in the right rear fender of all places. I was incensed! I also park in the back 40 anywhere I go. and its such a weird place for a car door ding so I'm not really sure what caused it . maybe a shopping cart.

but , what I've noticed a lot is , its the little kids getting out of cars/SUVs that dont seem to have a clue , but I guess thats to be expected.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
If I have no choice I will park on the right of a Mini van over a car, even though they usually have kids the door slides. Never park next to a coupe or a beater. Rule of thumb look for someone who has as much or more to lose than you.

C

·
0 Posts
I have had dents fixed and some that were not able to be fixed perfectly with PDR but on the bright side most PDR places around me do not charge if they fail at removing the dent perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that man. I park way in the back when I go to the store. And still someone will park that far away with me. Once I waited for that person to come out to their car. They parked right on top of mine with 40 parking spaces open. Take it I'm way out by the road. I asked the dude why he parked like that way the hell out here on top of my car. He just looked at me and took off fast. Well that just pissed me off even more
Sorry to the OP. PDR can often work miracles with the metal. If the paint's messed up PDR can't fix that.

Duneless, you amateur parker..... What you need is theatrical breakaway bottles. Smash ones in adjacent parking spaces and nobody will park there unless they like cut tires. The bottles are expensive to buy but not so much to make. You can even carry a dust pan and wisk broom and reuse them. Here's how to make them. Unfortunately the forum software is broke and ignores start parameters so skip to about 2 minute and 12 seconds in.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
Last weekend, my friends dog accidentally ran into my front right fender while playing fetch. The dog was watching the ball and not paying attention to where he was going. THUD, right into my fender. Car is 2 months old. Couldnt believe it. Left me with some new dents.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
Last weekend, my friends dog accidentally ran into my front right fender while playing fetch. The dog was watching the ball and not paying attention to where he was going. THUD, right into my fender. Car is 2 months old. Couldnt believe it. Left me with some new dents.
Ouch. At least that should be good as new with some PDR.

Don't report this to anyone lest the Feds demand future cars must be made from the same stuff as Nerf balls to protect dogs.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Man how did it come out green? So I can eat that beer bottle breakaway? That gives me ideas. That's how those people eat glass and light bulbs huh? But that won't work for me. People would run over my kids to park next to my car. Like others said though if someone parks next to me with a nice car that cares I'm good. I don't feel so dumb dropping off the family at the front door and and parking a mile away by myself. Even a ricer kid with Mugen his dog can park next to me. They care about there rice burner.
Sorry to the OP. PDR can often work miracles with the metal. If the paint's messed up PDR can't fix that.

Duneless, you amateur parker..... What you need is theatrical breakaway bottles. Smash ones in adjacent parking spaces and nobody will park there unless they like cut tires. The bottles are expensive to buy but not so much to make. You can even carry a dust pan and wisk broom and reuse them. Here's how to make them. Unfortunately the forum software is broke and ignores start parameters so skip to about 2 minute and 12 seconds in.

----------

Sorry man that sucks. I have 2 dalmatians and they love to stand up on 2 paws and the other 2 on my car if they are out when I get home. I can't blame them they just want to see me. They are just puppies at a year and other 10 months. But I have spent many of hours polishing the scratches out. Of coarse they do it when their paws are muddy. No dents from them though.Yet.

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
You can take precautions but lets face it - the only way to keep it prestine is to keep it in the garage under a cover....what fun is that?
I've had a person open their car door into the side of one of my vehicles even while I was in it...and they acted like nothing happened and started to walk away. You can't fix stupid.

Anyway, this commercial always makes me laugh - because it's my reality (I don't endorse use of the product though):

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Man you know how long I looked for that commercial last night. That's what I wanted to post. I thought it was autozone so I never found it.:worship:
You can take precautions but lets face it - the only way to keep it prestine is to keep it in the garage under a cover....what fun is that?
I've had a person open their car door into the side of one of my vehicles even while I was in it...and they acted like nothing happened and started to walk away. You can't fix stupid.

Anyway, this commercial always makes me laugh - because it's my reality (I don't endorse use of the product though):

1 - 20 of 21 Posts