Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When would dealers start accepting deposits for production slots (or would they even do that) for '09 V's?

·
Registered
05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver
300 Posts
Depends on you dealer. Mine was arranged months ago. I rolled the dice on the new V early. I do believe that Caddy is going to get it RIGHT.:thepan:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Any Dealer who is smart should happily take a deposit and guarantee you the first allocation for an '09 V.

I did this with the 2008 CTS, and once the ordering guide became available, I called everyone who had a deposit and invited them to come in and build their car as I order it, exactly the way they want.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
I'm probably going to buy some romaine lettuce at some point next year. I asked about putting a deposit down. The Albertsons guy looked at me like I was an idiot. Maybe I am.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Why would you rush to give someone your money for the beta version of any car? The 11th commandment is do not buy early production of the 1st model year.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Why would you rush to give someone your money for the beta version of any car? The 11th commandment is do not buy early production of the 1st model year.
Exactly why we have the LS2!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Some people will pay a premium to be the first on the block with a new toy- it happens every time there's a launch of an exciting new product.

People put deposits on cars all the time to be first, just like people paid $10k over sticker to get a Shelby Mustang knowing full well that in 6 months they'd be everywhere. Is sure as heck wouldn't, but I deal with plenty of people who would (and do).

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Same with the NSX and Viper. Dealers made an easy 10-20k over MSRP.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't plan on paying over MSRP, but I do have a deposit now on the first V allocation at the dealer near me.

I am ready for a new car, but I haven't found anything I like better. One neighbor has an E55, and another has an M5. So, there isn't much appeal for going for the same thing, and I need 4 doors.

So, for now, pending announcements of final specs and pricing, I am first in line.

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Congrats :thumbsup:
I wonder how long it will be untill you can take delivery.
Hopefully the new V's come out in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 08.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts