Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

In the past I have set up a couple of Cadillac meets in the Denver Metro area when I was still living there in 2005 (10 Vs and 1 CTS attended) and 2006 (7 Vs attended). It has been a few years since the last one so I have come up with a great idea to make our own little Western State V Day.

I know this is fairly short notice for something like this but I figured if I gave at least one month's notice people should be able to plan for this meet. Anyway, today I will be signing up for a full day of lapping at High Plains Raceway (HPR) near Byers, CO for August 14, 2009. The map says that the track is about 60 miles east of Denver on I-70. The track looks like an awesome high speed, differing elevation track that could really favor the CTS-V platform (heavy, high horsepower car).

My question is: Who is interested? I think this would be a blast. The prices seem reasonable ($150 for a full day of lapping or $90 for a half day). This would be a great time to put some forum names to faces, and let me tell you that the previous two gatherings were super fun and it was like a big group of CTS-V nerds (I mean that in an endearing way) talking about their mods, experiences, etc.

I know there are definitely a couple of Denver area guys that would be interested. Also, out-of-staters such as Unsafeatanyspeed and myself. Everybody who is interested please chime in and also get yourself signed up for the track day. If for some reason you can't make it on the 14th of August, you could always cancel for a full refund. Let me know what you guys think.

I have attached a picture of the Track for you all to salivate over. Any of you guys who have never tracked your V, you absolutely do not know what you are missing. It is 100% the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Im really interested! I'll try to negotiate time off at work before committing though, but don't anticipate any problems!

Also, Byers is 60 miles EAST of Denver, not West :)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im really interested! I'll try to negotiate time off at work before committing though, but don't anticipate any problems!

Also, Byers is 60 miles EAST of Denver, not West :)
Note: Thank you. I made the change in my original post.

Also, that is awesome. I really hope you can make it. Looking at the pending installs in your sig, you have some work to do before the the 14th, brother...:)

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
It's too late for me to put in leave for that day, but if I have it off, I'm down.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's too late for me to put in leave for that day, but if I have it off, I'm down.
Well, I hope you have it off, but if not, I will be making a weekend out of the Denver trip and we could meet up somewhere over the weekend and talk car stuff.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I will be at PPIR with NASA the 8th and 9th though. Have already taken it off.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to keep this thread bumped for interest. But...in the meantime, check out that long straight on the track picture I posted. I bet our Vs will be able to get up to 120 MPH - 130 MPH on that puppy, depending on exit speed of the turn before of course. I am already super excited about this. I haven't been on the track in over two years...ugh.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You can carry a lot of speed through Turn 3 onto the back straight. Both times I've been to HPR it was cold/wet though which sucked.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's hoping the weather is nice that day. Mid August in Colorado should be beautiful.

·
Registered
09 White Diamond Slade, 05 Black CTS-V, 94 White Diamond STS
88 Posts
I'm in! I won't be trackin the V but I'll be there for sure. Hopefully Pete and the boys at Dragon will be done with the car by then, but if not I'll at least bring the STS to keep it in the family ;) What time is everyone showing up?

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in! I won't be trackin the V but I'll be there for sure. Hopefully Pete and the boys at Dragon will be done with the car by then, but if not I'll at least bring the STS to keep it in the family ;) What time is everyone showing up?
Awesome, the more the merrier. I use Dragon ProStreet Engineering for all work on my car and they do very good work, but it doesn't come cheap.

Not sure what time of the day yet, but I believe that the track gates open @ 7:00 AM and since I will be doing the full day of lapping, I will need to be there early for the safety meeting and such. Lapping goes from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bumpitty Bump Bump...

I am hoping to get some more interest in this. Come on guys, if you have never tracked your V (or really whatever car you have) you do not know what you are missing. :cloud9:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Man, schedule just came out. I trip out to the field that day, so I won't be able to make it.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, that sucks. Well...I am planning on meeting a fellow GM car enthusiast in Cheyenne for lunch sometime before this fall (he used to own a Maggied V, now he has a C6 Z06) and I will let you know when we plan to do that.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Still hoping to make it....but with the Maggie on its way, I'm not sure what condition the car will be in.

·
Registered
09 White Diamond Slade, 05 Black CTS-V, 94 White Diamond STS
88 Posts
Just found out I will have to fly out for work the day before and will be gone through the weekend. :rant2: Wondering about rescheduling since so many will not be able to attend that day? Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
There's a NASA event at HPR the 27th of September. Having instructors might be better for those that haven't been out on a track at all before.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just found out I will have to fly out for work the day before and will be gone through the weekend. :rant2: Wondering about rescheduling since so many will not be able to attend that day? Just a thought...
Well, I'm kinda locked in to that date as I am taking my girlfriend and she has never been to Denver (she really wants to go clubbin') and she goes back to Pharmacy School @ Laramie on the third week in August, so we were trying to fit this trip in before that.

As for September 27th, that date could work. I will have to see how my car holds up after this first track day and I might be down for going to HPR again. I guess it would depend if all of you guys could for sure make it on that date...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V Stealth, '01 Viper GTS
34 Posts
Unsafe... I will see you at the NASA event on Aug 8-9. I'm in HPDE 3 too but I think I will be tracking my Viper.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts