Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1sg, 2005 deville limited, 1969 sedan deville 2014 ats 2.0t performance sedan rwd.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my ats today! I’m in love with the paint! It lived it’s entire life in Texas. Literally doesn’t have a spot of rust anywhere including the underneath. 78k odometer. Haven’t gotten to drive it yet. Gotta wait till the wife gets home.I have 2 and 3 year old kids! Got a box of goodies from zzp! CAI, 67mm throttle body, ngk plugs, performance coils, catch can, strut tower brace and down pipe. This spring it gets tuned and put on e85! Then more parts!!!

Car Vehicle Grille Tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,088 Posts
Congrats, looks great. My 7yr and 4yr olds love riding in the back of mine, I love it too even though I have to scoot my driver seat up a little more than I'd like. But hey, I am willing to make compromises like that for cars that I love.

Make sure when you get it tuned that it's done by someone intimately familiar with the platform, the LTG is temperamental and slightly "fragile" so performance modifications absolutely need to be done correctly. Especially since you have a car with some miles on it and it may not be known exactly how well the motor was treated in the past.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1sg, 2005 deville limited, 1969 sedan deville 2014 ats 2.0t performance sedan rwd.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, looks great. My 7yr and 4yr olds love riding in the back of mine, I love it too even though I have to scoot my driver seat up a little more than I'd like. But hey, I am willing to make compromises like that for cars that I love.

Make sure when you get it tuned that it's done by someone intimately familiar with the platform, the LTG is temperamental and slightly "fragile" so performance modifications absolutely need to be done correctly. Especially since you have a car with some miles on it and it may not be known exactly how well the motor was treated in the past.
thank you! It had lots of service records and only 1 owner. Considering the age and the condition it’s in. The car was super well cared for. Somebody really loved this car. I’m going to stick with zzp for all of my parts and tuning. I read a lot about the ats I understand some of the cars short comings. I plan on upgrading the pistons and connection rods before I do anything past some basic bolt ons, tune and e85. Until then, I have access to 93 where I live for relatively cheap. $3.40 a gallon vs the local kwik trips 91 at $3.88.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome. I like the color.

Be careful to not get upsold on things you absolutely dont need. "performance" coils, larger Tb, and rebranded alibaba catch can mounted in the worst location possible are definitely money grabs. Take your time with it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I’m not going to put coil overs on it, I was looking at vogtland lowering springs for it. 1.2 inch drop F/R that will get rid of the wheel gap and I think look great with OEM wheels. I plan on keeping the stock 18’s as I really like them and how they look. Maybe get them powder coated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Be careful to not get upsold on things you absolutely dont need. "performance" coils, larger Tb, and rebranded alibaba catch can mounted in the worst location possible are definitely money grabs. Take your time with it
Oh you were talking about the plug coils haha! I forgot what I had even typed with my post!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh you were talking about the plug coils haha! I forgot what I had even typed with my post!

i got a super good deal on the parts. They were open box on eBay and I got them for next to nothing specially compared to what zzp charges for them. I feel bad for the seller taking that much of a hit but for the price I couldn’t pass up the package deal. Literally 80% off what zzp charges on their site.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great purchase, if that's the AWD I'd recommend servicing all the fluids. Looks clean too, hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great purchase, if that's the AWD I'd recommend servicing all the fluids. Looks clean too, hope you enjoy it.
It is not! I got rwd model. I already have a awd sts. I wanted a car that I could have some fun in!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts