Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
is there a way to delete all songs on the hard drive at once?
I assume you're speaking about the UAV Nav Radio system. If so, yes, there is a way - via the hidden screens (aka service menu).
With the Nav Radio ON and screen raised.. press system hard keys FAV + CONFIG + INFO all at the same time. You get a 'Password Check' screen.
Enter 3424 and hit OK. The landing page is titled 'Select Diagnosis Items'.
To delete all music on the HDD in one go, the path is: Select Diagnosis Items > Functional Setup > Download > HDD Music Clear
To exit-out press the 'Back' softkey.
(Warning: Be careful in the hidden screens - don't be messing around too much in there!).

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume you're speaking about the UAV Nav Radio system. If so, yes, there is a way - via the hidden screens (aka service menu).
With the Nav Radio ON and screen raised.. press system hard keys FAV + CONFIG + INFO all at the same time. You get a 'Password Check' screen.
To delete all music on the HDD in one go, the path is: Select Diagnosis Items > Functional Setup > Download > HDD Music Clear
(Warning: Be careful in the hidden screens - don't be messing around too much in there!).
excellent! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
cts coupe
1 Posts
RAB u helped me out immensely!! The dealership didnt even tell me how to do that ...I have another ? Tho...I am putting songs on the HDD and many of them wont play but titles show ??any advice ??

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
RAB u helped me out immensely!! The dealership didnt even tell me how to do that ...I have another ? Tho...I am putting songs on the HDD and many of them wont play but titles show ??any advice ??
Caddysally, glad the info helped you out. :)

Regarding the problem you're having playing some songs, your HDD is likely having difficulty reading some of the music files you've transferred to the drive.
As info - per the Nav System manual, the types of formats supported by the HDD are:
. MP3
. MP3-PRO (with Spectral Band Replication)
. WMA
. AAC
. OGG Vorbis
. Audible.com

MP3 Format
There are guidelines that must be met when creating an MP3 disc or when transferring songs/MP3's to the HDD from a disc or USB device.
If the guidelines are not met when recording a disc or transferring song files to the HDD, the songs may not play.
The guidelines are:
. Sampling rate: 8 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz.
. Bit rates supported: 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 144, 160, 192, 224, 256, and 320 kbps. (Note: I'm not 100% sure, but the system may have difficulty dealing with a variable bit rate format).
. ID3 tag information is displayed by the radio if it is available. The radio will display a filename, song name, artist name, album name, and directory name.
. Maximum number of folders is 255 with a maximum hierarchy of eight folders.
. Create a folder structure that makes it easy to find songs while driving. Each folder or album should contain 18 songs or less.
. It is recommended that there is a maximum of 1024 files on a disc.
. The files can be recorded on a CD-R or CD-RW with a maximum capacity of 700 MB.

·
Registered
2012 CTS Premium Coupe
33 Posts
OMG...this helped me out too as I am about to trade the car in and I wanted to delete all of my music from the hard drive. Just followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. THANKS :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
OMG...this helped me out too as I am about to trade the car in and I wanted to delete all of my music from the hard drive. Just followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. THANKS :)
Lac_Boy, glad that worked out for you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 3.6DI (Sold 176k mi) 2015 ESV Luxury Premium
235 Posts
LoL I wish I knew this when I got my car. Spent half an hour deleting Elton john's greatest hits from and many 60-70's esque music from my C one at a time.

·
Registered
09’ CTS4 3.6l DI
2 Posts
Im glad i found this info. Im gonna give it a try. Previous owner left almost 400 songs of broadway musicals. At least someone isnt driving hard to showtunes hopefully!

·
Registered
2010 CTS PERFORMANCE 3.0L RWD
5 Posts
Rab will this work on my 2010 cts? I have the same pop up nav with hdd but when I plug in my USB it will show what songs are on there. Yet it will highlight each song one by one for a split second and will not play. Yet it plays just fine in my 2010 escalade no pop-up navigation in that one though. I talked to a Cadillac technician and they told me that the previous owner must of just erased his songs but the files are still there and that the hdd is full so the technician would have to charge me 100.00 just to get my car in the service bay to flash my stereo. With a fee on top of that. Which is $100.00 a hour at minimum. Have you ever encountered this problem? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
RAB i apologize, but by the files still on there and no music. I meant the technichsn said the folders are still on there but they are empty. So I would need to erase the folders/files. Is what i was told.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,278 Posts
RAB is no longer on the forum. He was most helpful, a big loss.

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah i see this is an old discussion. Does anybody else know how to get my system to play from my flash drive plugged into my USB in my armrest? I deleted the hdd yet when I plug in my flash drive it just keeps scanning them n will not play a song it will show me every song on my flash drive but when I hit play or select the song it will just start going through each one again.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,278 Posts
Maybe download your manual. There was a separate manual for the sound system, it should be a free download.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
743 Posts
The AUX is separate from the HDD, files on one would not interfere with the other, verify you have the correct source selected. Check the restrictions in post #7 as to file type, bit rate and number of folders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I've done that also and it was no help. I appreciate you replying though.
The AUX is separate from the HDD, files on one would not interfere with the other, verify you have the correct source selected. Check the restrictions in post #7 as to file type, bit rate and number of folders.
FunkZ I'm going to go over that post again, I just don't understand how that same flashdrive plays just fine in my 2010 escalade luxury. Yet in my 2010 cts 3.0L rwd performance model it won't play from the same flash drive. It will scan it n show me all the songs on my flash drive but the stereo just keeps highlighting all the songs one by one over n over again. I was thinking the USB has nothing to do with the hdd unless i record from the flash drive which i can, but it does the same thing. It will show me the songs recorded to the hdd but they just get highlighted over n over again and will not play.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
768 Posts
I've had similar issues since something went wonky in my silverbox (essentially the radio and the brains inside that centre console) a couple of years ago. I have an old ipod and it works perfectly in the aux port but a flash drive will not work. Since I have an alternative to the flash drive, I don't really care. I am not saying you have the same problem I have but on very cold days here, my HDD and aux works fine but the rest of the year it does not - so I have songs on my HDD as well but they will not play except in the dead of winter. It's very strange.

Incidentally, my CD player is kaput as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had similar issues since something went wonky in my silverbox (essentially the radio and the brains inside that centre console) a couple of years ago. I have an old ipod and it works perfectly in the aux port but a flash drive will not work. Since I have an alternative to the flash drive, I don't really care. I am not saying you have the same problem I have but on very cold days here, my HDD and aux works fine but the rest of the year it does not - so I have songs on my HDD as well but they will not play except in the dead of winter. It's very strange.

Incidentally, my CD player is kaput as well.
NorthernSRX im sorry to say this but what your describing is a electronic failure inside the stereo. Your ipod works fine because it is basically its own stereo once you plug it in, it only comunicates with the pop-up screen n speakers/amp. Your going to have to buy a new stereo if you want it to work right. GM Can get you a certified refurbished one im sure. Or you could take a chance n buy from online for cheaper (i would rather go through GM to purchase the stereo). It's up to you. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts