Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew what the delay was in getting the current CTS-V to market after the CTS was released? Was the V a model year or two behind?

I'm picking up a V, but having second thoughts about it since the Detroit Auto Show is in a couple of weeks and there are rumors that the CTS will be refreshed in '07.

If there is going to be a new V in '07, I'll buy a toy for a year and then get a refreshed V in a year or so. If the V lags by a year, than it would be perfect timing for me as I'll just upgrade in '08 to an LS7 (God, can you hear me? :alchi:) equppied CTS-V

·
Registered
2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages
172 Posts
It's currently unknown, as far as I know, when the next V will be out. They may delay a year like before, or maybe delay some number of months in the same model year, or they make an effort to release them together.

The consensus seems to be that the new CTS will be out in 2007 as a 2008 model. See these threads on the other board regarding when the next CTS will be out and what engine the next V might have.

New Body Fall of 2006?
2007 CTS CTS-V Tidbit

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
The 'delay' is common... C5 first-Z06 later, C6 first-C6Z06 1 year last, 3 and 5 series BMW-M3 and M5 1-2 years later.

Lots of reasons:
Extra time needed to finish the R&D on the high-hp model
Iron out the bugs in the base platform, before stressing it
In a year or two the excitement for a model is declining... a high-hp model re-energizes the brand.

The CTS-V will most likely be 1 or 2 years behind the new CTS.

This is ASSUMING there will be a new CTS-V, depends on how many have sold, how much money they have made (remember warantee repairs come off the bottom line)... and what financial state GM is in when the CTS-V R&D budget is presented...

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Hard to know if they'll do the CTS-V again; I'm betting they will. If they do, it's hard to figure what engine they'll use, but I'm guessing it'll be a Northstar. I'm also betting on a paddle-shifted automatic or SMG... Something that the masses will be in favor of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts