Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is this and how would it help our caddy's? Will it do anything?

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.aspx/partfamilyid/1160/CategoryID/28/SubcategoryID/111

Cryogenic Intake Technology: The Future Of Power
The CryO2 system’s modular design lets you add components one at a time, or for the ultimate power get all 3. Each of these components can run off the same CryO2 CO2 Tank. 5 pound tank kits include all necessary valves, fittings, switches, wiring kit, installation hardware and a 14 ft. stainless steel hose. Spare CO2 tanks also available.

CryO2 Air Intakes use liquid CO2 cryogenic technology to dramatically lower temperatures and blast your engine with denser, more powerful air. 2.5" or 3" diameter kits consist of an aerodynamically designed bulb with a cryogenic chamber that mounts in any 4" segment of air tube. These powerful systems can be fitted to almost any intake and are perfect for turbo, supercharged and naturally aspirated applications. Dyno tests show temperature decreases of 35% or more.
CryO2 Fuel Bars use liquid CO2 to freeze the billet bar to -80° F. Designed to remove heat as the fuel passes through, you’ll get a dramatically colder, more powerful charge. Choose red, blue, purple or polished billet bar (-10AN line size only available with polished bar). CryO2 Intercooler Sprayer mounts directly to the front of the intercooler or aftercooler and vents liquid CO2 directly into the cooling fins for enhanced intercooler performance of up to 50%. Choose 16" x 5" or 8" x 4" Sprayer.
Cryogenic Intake Technology: The Future Of Power

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
It looks like it just cools the intake charge which causes the air to be more dense and thus contain more oxygen. This is the same principle as running nitrous to cool the intake charge (different from injecting nitrous).

What's strange is that it looks like the CO2 is being injected into the intake instead of just into the intake sleeve. I would think this would dilute the air with uncombustible CO2 and reduce power...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Mbai2 said:
It looks like it just cools the intake charge which causes the air to be more dense and thus contain more oxygen. This is the same principle as running nitrous to cool the intake charge (different from injecting nitrous).

What's strange is that it looks like the CO2 is being injected into the intake instead of just into the intake sleeve. I would think this would dilute the air with uncombustible CO2 and reduce power...
CARBON DIOXIDE IS USED TO EXTINGUISH FLAMES. Cold or not I see it as losing HP. I have seen Hydrogen Hydroxide(water) injected into the intake manifold to cool high compression engines. I also think spraying hot engine parts with cold air will have little effect to cools parts for quick HP gains. You also run a risk of cracking metal parts if the CO2 is to cold. Sounds like an expensive gimmick to me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this results in loss of power...why would anyone buy this or why would they even make this thing? :cookoo:

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
RobertCTS said:
CARBON DIOXIDE IS USED TO EXTINGUISH FLAMES. Cold or not I see it as losing HP. I have seen Hydrogen Hydroxide(water) injected into the intake manifold to cool high compression engines. I also think spraying hot engine parts with cold air will have little effect to cools parts for quick HP gains. You also run a risk of cracking metal parts if the CO2 is to cold. Sounds like an expensive gimmick to me.
CO2 isn't being introduced into the combustion chamber, its just used as a refrigerant. To cool the air and fuel that is entering the intake. Its also cheaper than some proported cool air intakes kits and may be more effective.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
jteolis said:
CO2 isn't being introduced into the combustion chamber, its just used as a refrigerant. To cool the air and fuel that is entering the intake. Its also cheaper than some proported cool air intakes kits and may be more effective.
This would be the correct method of CO2 useage but from the looks of the pictures, the CO2 is actually being injected into the air intake. If the sleeve is actually an injection chamber that is isolated from the intake, then this would make sense. It's a tiny picture on the website so I can't really make out anything.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I emailed DEI, makers of the system, to see what exactly it can do to the CTS. I'm sure it has to help something...it's not like it's unkown maker...any other thoughts or ideas on this thing?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Ulises said:
I emailed DEI, makers of the system, to see what exactly it can do to the CTS. I'm sure it has to help something...it's not like it's unkown maker...any other thoughts or ideas on this thing?
Ask them how quickly it can adequately reduce the inside temperature on the intake runners. If its longer than 15 seconds it's not of much use. Typically that's how long 1/4 mile or street racing bursts are. Are there visable CO2 Vapors excaping thru the grill or hood cracks. That would get attention!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They have a purge kit...I can only imagine the attention that would get...can you imagine running the purge off the sides of the car? WOW :bonkers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts