Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I go to the local Mieneke to see about swapping the muffler.. The guy was all like yea we carry Flowmaster and Magnaflow and blah blah.. so i tell him i just want something to give an aggressive sound on the outside but quiet inside.. 1 guy is like flowmaster an the other was like idk.. anyway i go inside to see about the price, meanwhile now they have the truck on the lift.. the guy comes out with a muffler and they line it up and whatever and i know its not magnaflow or flowmaster.. the guy comes in and is like we have one that will work and he mumbled the brand.. right there i should have known to walk out but i was still waiting on the price.. he was like 250 and i was like ahh whatever as it seemed that was the norm.. so i was like ok do it so he told the guy and then he was like but we have to make a special bracket which bring it to 320 plus tax and right then i hear a saw or some kind and bam i turn around and my exhaust was being cut.. i was like MotherF*****.. so i was like in a joking manner like good timing lol what choice do i have now.. so i was like whatever and i left with a pissy attitude.. when i was gone i was thinking like what i am gonna say to them.. however when i got back before i could say anything the guy started the truck and bam i was like ok that sounds pretty good... the guy gave a little bit of a discount not much like 30 bucks or whatever.. i got in and took it for a test drive and he was right.. there is little to no noise inside.. it was perfect.. so it worked out only except that he knew what he was doing i think.. and as far as the brand idk.. i never heard of it.. i think it was like IMCO or something like that.. i am going to have to research it.. i probably got ripped off but i guess its not a big deal as it was paid half by my parents as a gift so..

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I hope it was stainless for that price, but as long as you're happy and it sounds good, well that is all that counts. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
I paid 5$ for the weld and just had to pay mostly for the tip. Went with the stainless Magnaflow. I dont have the rest cause I like the music loud. Its a good look though

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts