Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Concours 4.6L FWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..I have my 94 Concours I've been trying to get back on the road..and the bastards that replaced the engine didn't even put a 1994 concours engine in there it looks like, because my fuel pressure regulator for the 94 I just ordered (among other things) didn't fit. I jacked it up and found the number where I think Chilton was trying to direct me to, the engine id and I found 352506. I've looked long and hard all over the damn internet (not a fan, by the way) and I can't find how to decode it. The information is there, why is it so difficult to decipher? If anyone can tell me how to find out what year the engine is or what 352506 is supposed to mean, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks for the input!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,004 Posts
The original car's whole VIN is not on the engine - there is a "VIN Derivative" which is stamped on a pad on the block in front of where a passenger's right foot would rest. Just down under the cam cover "front corner". Maybe a dealer can decipher it for you.

Otherwise you'll have to do some sleuthing in www.rockauto.com to match parts pictures with what you have in front of you. Time consuming, but it will work. (If the fuel rail recall was done, then the FPR (Fuel Pressure regulator) may be different for the OEM and recall rails.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts