Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
First off thanks for all the great header feedback! Exhaust must generate more controversey on the V than any other part, well maybe axles and diffs are close. Anyway I found this in one of those little local newspapers last night:Transmision
-CAGS skip shift eliminator

Suspension
-BMR Anti-wheel hop kit
-H&R lowering springs
-MM shock spacers
-Set (4)Black center Caps

Engine
-comp 222/224 .566 .568 (4k miles)
-26918-16 comp valve springs
-Comp Cams 7.4 pushrods (3k miles)
-LS2 timing set (Chain, Sprokets, Bolts)
-Mellings high pressure oil pump
-Kook 1 3/4 headers with Catted Connecting pipes
-Creative Steel Black Motor Mounts w/shields
Titanium valve spring retainers

Seems dude bought the GF her own V and was modding it up for her. She got anxious and took it out in the last snowstorm here in Mass-totalled her V! This story actually did bring a lump to my throat! Dude called today-I grabbed the Kooks and cats for an obscene price. He wants to "sell the rest as a package, just to get rid of it all." What am I buying here? My LS2 has only 3,800 miles. Do I need springs/retainers (brand new, I assume). Used pushrods-think I'll pass. Do I need a super duper oil pump? Haven't heard any of that discussed here on my favorite V forum. Sounds like maybe the guy bought his chick a V with mucho miles, but it looked pretty nice in the picture he sent of before the wreck. I'll buy all of it if you guys want the rest. What do those numbers mean at the top comp 222/224, etc? Are those pistons numbers or something?
leo

LS2duc
View Public Profile
Send a private message to LS2duc
Send email to LS2duc
Find More Posts by LS2duc
Add LS2duc to Your Contacts

·
Registered
CTS-V
70 Posts
It all depends on what performance upgrades your looking to do. I think that cam is too small based on the numbers but that's my opinion.

Also I would really be interested in the HR springs and MM spacers, also the motor mounts. Do you have a contact for him? Let me know.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,
I will be dropping by his place tomorow to check it all out. I'm doing my own Maggie this week with 10% harmonic balancer. Looks like I bought the Kooks/cats from this dude so far. Is that what they call a "blower cam?" My car has only 4K miles, so springs are kind of useless for now. I already bought the hendrix axle/cv kit, so dont need any of the BMR stuff. What are the MM spacers for? Im not looking at lowering at this time, smash those shiny new Kooks right into the driveway! What's your thoughts on the creative steel motor mounts? Is the theory that the uncoated headers will melt the regular mounts? I'm leaning toward having the Kooks/cats ceramic coated. Any advice useful and I will put you in touch with this seller.
leo

·
Registered
CTS-V
70 Posts
I'm not too sure if that's a blower cam but based on lift numbers it seems very mild compared to stock. The MM speacers go with the lowering springs. As far as the mounts it's really the way to go when replacing your oem's. I'm running headers on stock mounts with no issues, except it's time to change them out but I'm at 70K on the mileage! Let me know.

John

·
Registered
none
626 Posts
That is not a "blower" cam IMO. The rest of the engine parts you don't need to buy used or need at all. The CS engine mounts are a nice addition provided they are in good shape. The BMR stuff...nope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts