Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V (Blk, 6spd, Recaros), 2007 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the smarter decision and why..

1.) '05, ~50,000 miles, maggie, headers, cats, exhaust, dyno tune, UUC, 100k warranty
2.) '07, ~7,500 miles, bone stock, 100k warranty

either one for $34,000

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
I think the '05 is a better buy, but not by much, assuming you'd do the same mods to the '07. Figuring $31-33k for a stock '05 and the $10k in mods already on the car, $34k is not a bad deal. Also, how many miles on the Maggie...cuz they do eventually need to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything but the maggie most likely

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the '05 is a better buy, but not by much, assuming you'd do the same mods to the '07. Figuring $31-33k for a stock '05 and the $10k in mods already on the car, $34k is not a bad deal. Also, how many miles on the Maggie...cuz they do eventually need to be rebuilt.
less than a yr on the charger... not sure how many miles tho

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
If you'd go without the Maggie, I'd say get the 07. What's listed there is roughly 3.5 - 4K worth of mods and you would just have a newly broken in car and would add mods that probably wouldn't have a major impact on the factory warranty.

In either case try to get the VINs and have the repair history ran to see if any / what major work has been done on the car by the dealership(s) Also check into your local dealerships and see how Mod friendly they are or are not.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you'd go without the Maggie, I'd say get the 07. What's listed there is roughly 3.5 - 4K worth of mods and you would just have a newly broken in car and would add mods that probably wouldn't have a major impact on the factory warranty.

In either case try to get the VINs and have the repair history ran to see if any / what major work has been done on the car by the dealership(s) Also check into your local dealerships and see how Mod friendly they are or are not.
I'd be going to Lindsay with either car as they're right around the corner from me .. they just doesn't know it yet :thumbsup:

the 05 has 4k on a new rear

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Maybe you can convince James to run the history on both of them and see the total work done on each.

You're bloody lucky to be near Lindsay to take your V for service or modifications. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
187 Posts
Where in the world are you getting an 07 for $34K, that's a steal. Makes me feel like I really got screwed on my 04!
I would get the 07 though, less miles and I personally think you should experience your car stock first, then make it go faster.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Here's my take:

1) If '07 has no issues, and you are keeping the car for 3 years or less, go with the '07, you will get more on resale, unless you find a buyer who gives you a good residual on the mods
2) If you plan on keeping car for 4 or more years, go with the '05, as you may make the decision to never sell the V
3) I may have missed it, but you need to drive both of them, as the '05 should have over 130RWHP, which using my rationale would dictate which one to buy

Both cars offer great value, so either decision will make you very happy.
Good luck, and congrats on owning America's Finest Performance Sedan.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Drive them both first, I personally would go with the '07, but the MOD bug is a B. When she bites, you can't stop scratching.
With that said the '05 has been scratched well, when you consider parts and labor, you'll probably break even.

Basically it's up to personal taste. would you rather have a turn key V or a V that you've babied from stock to BEAST!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Mallett
93 Posts
If you weren't planning on getting a Maggie anyways, I'd go with the '07. Thats a great price if it checks out ok.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Warranty is Key here. Probably gonna have to replace the rear. Definately with the maggied V.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I would go with the 07, but I hate mods.

I would look for a lower mileage 05 with no mods and the LS6 if it were me. (Of course that is what I did not so long ago.)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts